Camaro3

BT Mobile

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2531 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Over the last 18 months I have been trying to clear my debts one by one and have been using Equifax to keep a check on my Credit File. I noticed on Friday that a default has been registered by BT mobility within the last few days. I took out BT broadband, phone & mobile out in 2007, the problem I had was not able to get a signal for the mobile so I rang BT and by mutual consent, the contract was cancelled altgough I kept the landline & broadband, (they reduced my DD payments at the time).

Looking at my credit file it says normal payments up to March '09 and then from March '09 to Feb '11 "Query". In March '11, it says I defaulted, March '11 was when i switched to Talktalk (big mistake!).

My question is: Why would BT not update my credit file from '09 to '11 and then update my credit file with the default in November 2012? (can they do this?)