harwood2112

Help please, something i sold on ebay has gone missing

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2531 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I recently sold an item i had advertised on ebay that i had shipped to Greece from China, even though the tracking number showed that it had arrived in Greece { the buyer lives on Corfu ] the buyer now after over 3 months is threatening me with legal action because he says it has gone missing. Can anyone help with this situation what rights does the buyer have and what can i do other than send him a refund, he payed through paypal and i just transfered the money By WU to the suppliers.I was in contact with the supplier 3 months ago, and was told it had been shipped and imaybe it was stuck in customs, we then waited for a week or two, he said nothing turned up, even though the tracking number said it was in Greece.I have since found out the company has ceased trading, i have been in touch with an agent in China to see if he can do some thing, but has yet i have not heard back from him, its now been 3 weeks.There has been so much termiol in Greece over the past 12 months anything could have happened to it, I am unsure of my rights as a supposed retailer, the item was not bought direct from my ebay site, the customer contacted me by Email and we struck a deal not involving ebay but still paying through paypal.Am i still liable for the sale.?Any help please.

harwood2112 welcome to The Consumer Action Group community.

You haven't received any replies to your problem yet so you might be better off posting your story again directly in the sub-forum which deals with your kind of situation. You will get lots of support there.

Also, spend some time looking round the forum. Once you understand the layout, you will be able to get best use from this Consumer Community. It is a big forumm and may take some time. But it will be worth doing.

Good luck.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

Moved to General Consumer Issues.

I would say make sure there is nothing in your Paypal account and do nothing. There are too many non genuine claims via ebay.

he may well launch a dispute through paypal, and they may refund the money and take it from your account.

unless you have signed for receipt from the customer I dont think you will be able to defend it.

how was it despatched through a well known courrier; dhl, ups etc.