mbp

Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice - Should I pay or ignore??

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2532 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Would appreciate your advice on this one -

I got a Parking Charge Notice issued by our friends at Parking Eye. The reason it was issued is for -

No Permit

Parked in a No Parking area

The situation was that I parked in a car park which I now realise is divided into two parts however it is arranged in such a way that you drive in through the area you are allowed to park in at any time and then turn at the end and drive out through an area which is restricted to Permit Holders only between 8am & 8pm daily.

I have to say that since being issued the ticket and reading the signs I do understand the situation however in mitigation the area is not clearly defined and whilst the information is on an adjacent sign the most prominent part of that sign is 'Pay & Display' complete with a list of the hourly charges.

Myself and a colleague parked in this so called permit only area and paid the appropriate hourly fee. We returned to our vehicles within the timescale of our previously purchased time. Our only crime was to have parked in the permit holders area much like the half a dozen or so other motorists who also had tickets on their screen had. I have no doubt this is a daily occurrence and a nice little income for the parking enforcement company.

When we returned to our vehicles there were a number of empty spaces so in my view no loss has been incurred by the enforcement company or land owner for any other vehicles not being able to park in accordance with their permit due to us being there.

The car park is at Town Quay Southampton, adjacent to the Isle of Wight Fast Jet ferry.

What would be your view on this?

Very simple, You just ignore. You don't owe them a penny. It never was a "crime" as no laws have been broken.

.......The car park is at Town Quay Southampton, adjacent to the Isle of Wight Fast Jet

What would be your view on this?

Seen enough of these coincidences to know it isn't one.

Not a fine - private companies cannot "fine" people.

You will get correspondence all of which should be filed and kept. But otherwise ignored. Some of this may be written in scary red ink (gasp!!) . You may even get one from a firm of solicitors - Graham White. Ignore. The letters are designed to scare you.

They will not any of the things they threaten to do - feel secure. And tell all your friends!!

Thanks for the advice, it seems to be the same message everywhere I look :madgrin:

I bet they have a right little racket going on there.

For sure but the more people ignore and communicate this on sites like this the more the racket will need new strings.