• Tweets

• This is the other sign  parking sign 1a.pdf
    • 4 means that they need to name and then tell the people who will be affected that there has been an application made, what the application relates to (specificially "whether it relates to the exercise of the court’s jurisdiction in relation to P’s property and affairs, or P’s personal welfare, or to both) and what this application contains (i.e what order they want made as a result of it) 5 just means that teh court think it is important that the relevant people are notified 7 means that the court need more information to make the application, hence they have then made the order of paragraph 1 which requires the applicant to do more - this means the court can't make a decision with the current information, and need more, hence paragraph one of the order is for the applicant to do more. paragraph 3 of the order gives you the ability to have it set aside, although if it was made in january you are very late. Were you notiifed of the application or not?    
    • These are the photos of the signs. At the entrance there is a 7h free sign. On some bays there is a permit sign.  Also their official website is misleading as it implies all parking is free.  I can't be certain of the exact parking bay I was in that day, and there was no PCN ticket on my car and no other evidence was provided.  parking sign 2.pdf
    • Hi, In my last post I mentioned I had received an email from SS who were asking me to hand over the keys to my mother’s flat so they could pass them to the Law firm who have been appointed court of protection to access, secure and insure my mother’s property.  Feeling this, all quickly getting out of my hands I emailed ss requesting proof of this. I HAVEN’T HEARD BACK FROM SS.  Yesterday, I received an email (with attached court of protection order) from the Law Firm confirming this was correct (please see below a copy of this).  After reading the court of protection order I do have some concerns about it:   (a)   I only found out yesterday, the Law firm had been appointed by the court back in January.  Up until now, I have not received any notification regarding this.  (b)   Section 2   - States I am estranged from my mother.  This is NOT CORRECT    The only reason I stepped back from my mother was to protect myself from the guy (groomer) who had befriended her & was very aggressive towards me & because of my mother’s dementia she had become aggressive also.  I constantly tried to warned SS about this guy's manipulative behaviour towards my mother and his increasing aggressiveness towards me (as mentioned in previous posts).  Each time I was ignored.  Instead, SS encouraged his involvement with my mother – including him in her care plans and mental health assessments.   I was literally pushed out because I feared him and my mother’s increasing aggression towards me. Up until I stepped back, I had always looked after my mother and since her admission to the care home, I visit regularly.   .(c)    Sections -  4, 5 and 7  I am struggling to understand these as I don’t have a legal background.  I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to explain what they mean.  It’s been a horrendous situation where I had to walk away from my mother at her most vulnerable because of; ss (not helping), scammer and groomer. I have no legal background, nor experience in highly manipulative people or an understanding of how the SS system operates, finding myself isolated, scared and powerless to the point I haven’t collected my personal belongings and items for my mother’s room in the care home.  Sadly, the court has only had heard one version of this story SS’s, and based their decision on that. My mother’s situation and the experience I have gone through could happen to anyone who has a vulnerable parent.    If anyone any thoughts on this much appreciated.  Thank you. ______________________________________________________  (Below is the Court of Protection Order)  COURT OF PROTECTION                                                                                                                                                                                   No xxx  MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 In the matter of Name xxx ORDER Made by  Depty District Judge At xxx Made on xxx Issued on 18 January 2024  WHEREAS  1.     xxx Solicitors, Address xxx  ("Applicant”) has applied for an order under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.  2.     The Court notes (my mother) is said to be estranged from all her three children and only one, (me) has been notified.  3.     (Me) was previously appointed as Atorney for Property and Affairs for (my mother).  The Exhibity NAJ at (date) refers to (me) and all replacement Attorneys are now officially standing down.  4.     Pursuant to Rule 9.10 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 and Practice Direction 9B the Applicant 2must seek to identify at least three persons who are likely to have an interest in being notified that an application has been issues.”  The children of (my mother), and any other appointed attorneys are likely to have an interest in the application, because of the nature of relationship to (my mother).  5.     The Court considers that the notification requirements are an important safeguard for the person in respect of whom an order is sought.  6.     The Court notes that it is said that the local authority no longer has access to (my mother’s) Property.  7.     Further information is required for the Court to determine the application.  IT IS ORDERED THAT  Within 28 days of the issue date this order, the Applicant shall file a form COP24 witness statement confirming that the other children of (my mother) and any replacement attorneys have been notified of the application and shall confirm their name, address, and date upon which those persons were notified.  If the Applicant wishes the Court to dispense with any further notification, they should file a COP9 and COP24 explaining, what steps (if any) have been taken to attempt notification and why notification should be dispensed with.   Pending the determination of the application to appoint a deputy for (my mother), the Applicant is authorised to take such steps as are proportionate and necessary to access, secure and insure the house and property of (my mother).   This order was made without a hearing and without notice.  Any person affected by this order may apply within 21 days of the date on which the order was served to have the order set aside or varied pursuant to Rule 13.4 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 (“the Rules”).  Such application must be made on Form COP9 and in accordance with Part 10 Rules.              
    • Unless I've got an incorrect copy of the relevant regulation: The PCN is only deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch "unless the contrary is proved" in which case date of delivery does matter (not just date of posting) and I would like clarification of the required standard of proof. It seems perhaps this hasn't been tested. Since post is now barcoded for the Post Office's own tracking purposes perhaps there is some way I can get that evidence from the Post Office...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3650 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just got home from having a puncture on my mobility scooter lol, and came home to find that Vanqis are having a bop now ffs lol.... i sent in all required information to them recorded delivery ( i have proof of delivery and signature) disputed the excessive charges currently (£400)+ i do have repayment option plan and they have now said they will respond to my complaints for refund within 56 days, so using this snippet of info if i now get a DCA write to me i wait 56 days or near enough to reply

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:smile:thx bazooka Boo just one low life left to sort thats Vanquis with payment protection involved they have added £133-00 in charges and have sent it to 1st credit they returned it, now they have sent it off to Moorcroft wtf lol its in dispute dohh Moorcroft have added a search on my credit file have disputed that too lol gotta give it to them they dont give up do they grrr ffs lol:whoo:

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

That is how this whole sorry sordid industry finances itself, I wouldn't give these clowns the time of day now, whenever they send me their junk mail, I just file it a way, and occasionally will give them a ring and bait them, they are so uneducated.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 weeks later...

:mad2: hi all, i am in confusion big time, I have a vanqis credit card, (What an idiot I know ) with ROP (repayment option Plan) this I didnt ask for at the time of applying, but have used it for the last 2 years, to cut a long story short Vanquis added charges and fees whilst my ROP was in force taking me over my limit adding even more charges grrr lol, they sent my file to 1st credit for collection, whilst my account was in dispute, Vanquis recalled, then sent it off to Moorcrap, demanding £133.00 in charges on top of my £250-00 limit, I have sent off the following to Moorcrap and vanquis

1. Account in dispute letter (Vanquis)

2. All ROP documents (on time) (Vanquis)

3. Account letter in dispute (Moorcrap)

4. A letter with DWP statment proving that i have been on benefits since 06/2010 to both of them

Now this gets interesting

1. Vanquis have sent it to Moorcrap knowing it to be in dispute

2. Have stopped my ROP and demanding payments whilst my ROP was activated since sending it to Moorcrap

3. Spoke to Moorcrap and told them the same story and they have suspended the account to speak to Vanquis, and will let me know the outcome, so I am quite good at sorting most things out but this one is weird,

Now I am looking for advice in the form of copy paste letters as i am still recovering from 4 major brain surguries in 06/2010 and have dealt with 17 other dca's successfully with advise from here, so if anyone can assist me I would be grateful, if you post letters or where to go next please help, if you have letters please reply here with them as I seem to have trouble navigating the site most of the time due to being ill, this is my only remaining debt and its just for £133-00, I dont dispute the initial limit of £250-00 but the unfair charges

I guess iI need to write a letter regarding the agreement and the charges thx in advance from

the crazy ill guy

What do you want to do now ? What letter do you want to send ? Just one about charges ? If the agreement is recent, it is not worth requesting.

Moorcroft generally just chase for payments on behalf of creditors at an early stage, so they may just return the account to Vanquis.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I have sent the folloing letters to both Moorcrap and Vanquis

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to ask you to refund to me the late payment fees and exceeded limitfees which you have levied on my account since 30/11/2011, whilst this account has been subject of ROP, and in dispute since 30/11/2011, amounting to a total of £128.11, plus the interest you levied on those charges at 29.9 % APR, which amount to £128.11, total requested for refund:£128.11.

I amfully aware that the fees which you have been applying to my account are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations. Should you wish to argue that they are not, then you will pleased to demonstrate this by letting me have a full Breakdown of the costs to which you have been put by as a result of my breach, in order to reassure me that your penalties really do reflect your costs.

It is my duty to remind you that failure to refund the charge to my account will result in my issuing a County Court Claim. If I have to do that,you will then become liable for my court fee of £ 75.00 and statutory 8%APR. I truly hope this does not have to happen and that you will refund the charges without need for further action on my behalf.

Yourssincerely

Mr

Dictated not signed

==============================================================================================================================================================

Date 23/10/2012

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request; the provisions of s.77 (6) will apply.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5 (2), 3(b), 6 and 7 of the ConsumerProtection from Unfair Trading Regulations2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Dictated not signed

==============================================================================================================================================================

Date 25/10/2012

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account Number

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why my account has been passed to Moorcroft, as it is in dispute with yourselves Vanquis and has been since 30/11/2011 Not only is this a breach of OFTcollection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 andData Protection Act 1998

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default enforcement action is NOT permitted, under s127[1] this constitutes a complete defence at law.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will beaverred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to you for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as Moorcroft cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If Moorcroft chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that any continued pursuit is in violation of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40[2] as well as breaching a number of the OFT Collection Guidelines[3]

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter. Ilook forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

Dictated not signed

[1]http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/39/section/127accessed 25/10/2012

[2]http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1970/31/part/Vaccessed 25/10/2012

[3]http://www.oft.gov.uk/about-the-oft/legal-powers/legal/cca/debt-collectionaccessed 25/10/2012

=======================================================================================================================================================================================================================

Date 23/10/2012

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT/REF NUMBER:

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

Please note that I require disclosure of any personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings withyou.

This Subject Access Request includes - but is not limited to any data you hold about me in respect of any matter and held in any form including notes, screennotes, recordings, internal correspondence and external correspondence.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourselfas to my identity, please let me know by return.

If I do not hear from you then I will assume that this Statutory Request is satisfactory and that the 40 day timescale has started.

Yours faithfully

Dictated not signed

====================================================================================================================================================

Ac *********************

Date 06/10/2012

Dear Sir/Madam

Please be advised this account is in serious dispute and has been since 01/12/2011, you have not finished dealing with my complaints, yet you have issued a default notice and sent this account to a DCA Moorcroft.

A complaint with the ref: ***** is lodged with you and has not been completed to my satisfaction, I received a letter from Moorcroft demanding payment, I will not make any payment to you or to them till you refund all my charges, since I have been unemployed, a copy from the DWP will prove I have been since 06/2010 also enclosed I will by the time you get this letter have been to my local council to make a complaint to the office of fair trading, I have enclosed yet again copies of my documents to support my ROP claim, I have duly sent these as and when needed, yet you find it necessary to add further charges to my account,You have added over £130.00 in charges that are both wrong and unjust, you know I am seriously ill and disabled,

Till you refund ALL of my charges and make it so my account is in credit even by £1, I will continue to dispute this account, and if necessary will wait to you take me to court, where I will provide to the district judge, copies of all my communications with you, all of them time and date stamped, now this will be my final time that I will write to you regarding this dispute, unless you refund me in full, then take me to court please.... the following documents are enclosed for the second time

1. Confirmation of benefits from Job Centre 2 pages(Edited to protect my data)

2. Sick note from Drs

3. Bank Statement showing benefits (Edited toprotect my Data)

4. A copy of benefits from DWP showing benefitssince 06/2010 (edited to protect my data)

Yours Sincerely

Dictated not signed

Edited by mikeymack2002

Hi was googling and came across this is it correct or just soso?

Fraud

[1]

When any so-called "Debt Collection Agency" (which includes Solicitors and Bailiffs threatening to obtain Court Orders) place any demand on you they are perpetrating a fraud. In the case of Court Orders, their original application to the Court conjoined said Court in the fraud.

Here are the reasons.

They will write a demand to you, claiming to be "Agents" of the Originator (the "originator" being whomsoever made the demand in thefirst place e.g. Bank, Building Society, Local Authority, etc.). This is a lie. They are not "Agents" at all, but have purchased the so-called'debt' with their own 'money'. They do this by buying very cheaply, and then attempting to collect the full amount from you. This is how they expect to make a profit.

Please Note: Those who work for these "Agencies" (in the lowerechelons) do not, necessarily, know anything about this, however they will have some kind of "Purchasing Department", who will know exactly what is going on.

In Law, however, by purchasing the so-called debt, they have EXTINGUISHED THE DEBT. This means that the 'money' is no longer owed. By you in law. Anything you may (or may not) have actually 'owed' has been written off, by the Originator. And it was yourself and the Originator that may (or may not) have had any Contract to which you may have been obligated.

Thus, for anyone to claim that you still 'owe' anything is abare-faced lie, and a FRAUD. It is DEFAMATION, plain and simple. Fundamentally what has happened is that 'someone' has paid off any debt you may (or may not) have owed, on your behalf. (It is perfectly acceptable for Human"B" to pay off Human "A"s debts ... this happens all the time, where, for example, parents may bail out their children, and vice versa. Friends can do this for each other all the time).

But, once any so-called 'debt' has been paid, it has been paid.And that's all there is to it.

But, when Debt Collection Agencies do this, they continue to pursue you for a debt that has been - in actual fact - extinguished by their very purchase.

So they are actually pretty stupid ... going around paying off someone else's 'debts'. And they do this out of avarice (greed). And it is long past time that these greedy people got their 'come-uppance'.

And that is happening. And the Genie is out of the Bottle.

This point is this. By purchasing so-called 'debts' in this way, they had no interest in any original Contract. Thus, when they purchased, they did so of their own volition, out of pure avarice, without any legal, lawful, or moral obligation to do so.

In short, THEY UPPED AND VOLUNTEERED. And we all know what happens when you volunteer for anything ... YOU TAKE ALL THE RISKS AND ANY COMEBACKS UPON YOURSELF. (That's what volunteering means).

Because, by volunteering, you have agreed to take all the risks yourself, you have absolutely no right whatsoever to involve anyone also, and try to palm the risks off on someone else.

Which is of course, precisely what they are doing when they try to palm it off on you, by claiming to be "Agents" and sending you demands.

They are perpetrating a FRAUD. Any original 'debt' has been extinguished, and no longer exists, so any claim to the contrary is a lie. They claim to be Agents when they are, in point of fact, nothing more than 'volunteers'who decided (RATHER STUPIDLY) to take on all the risks UPON THEMSELVES.

In "legal" terms, they try to get around all of this by considering the Volunteer to be a "Holder in Due Course". This is, of course, nothing more than a "Legal wrangle" to try to get over the basic FRAUD. This does not get around the basic fact that the so-called'debt' was extinguished when it was purchased. Neither does it get around the fact that the Agency is NOT acting as an "Agent" of the Originator (which is therefore a deception), but is acting totally on their own behalf. This is because, as far as possible, "Legal" will always turn a blindeye to "Reality & Law".

The result of this is, therefore, nothing more nor less than "Totally Legalised Fraud" And, for that reason these sound arguments are very risky to use in a Court. Therefore it is better to fall back in the 'base' augment: Prove the original debt.

PLEASE FEEL ENTIRELY FREE TO RUN THIS EXPLANATION PAST ANYONE IN THE “LEGAL” PROFESSION.

Edited by mikeymack2002

Any mention of discounts means they won't go near a court as it is riddled full of reclaimable fees and charges.

Send the DCA this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?426-A-letter-when-the-account-has-been-passed-to-another-debt-collection-agency

Don't be overly concerned with DCA's, they have absolutely NO legal powers whatsoever, they are for all intense and purposes, fake and redundant.

Your dispute is with the bank, not some third party toddler group.

Enter into Vanquis's complaints procedure and exhaust it to your satisfaction or until you can escalate the complaint.

Once you have sent that letter to the DCA ignore them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Had a go at moorcrap they fled sent account back to Vanquis it was too much for them now I will escalte the to FOC as Vanquis cancelled the ROP for no reason lol managed to get Vanquis to refund alot of charges but they are digging in their heal for a measly £133-50 thats my last debt, so what next I need to help some others to fight back so will stay around advising as many as I can woo go Daddy lol...

Current scores as follows DCa's 0 Daddy 18 woo thanks for the advise here guys has keep me busy and it has helped me forget I am suffering from a serious brain injury haahaa :whoo:

What exactly is this "ROP" plan, mikey ?

You could remind them that they are supposed to "treat you fairly" and if they havent done this, then FOS would probably look into the situation for you :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Can anyone tell me what this link to Freemen on the Land lunacy removed. FMOTL Is nonsense - please don't post links to it. is as it reminds me of that other website which rabbits on about common law run by ceylon and someone. Surely if it were true no one would owe anything. There seems a basic flaw in the argument in the distinction between total assignment and contracting out the collection.

Can anyone tell me what this link removed is as it reminds me of that other website which rabbits on about common law run by ceylon and someone. Surely if it were true no one would owe anything. There seems a basic flaw in the argument in the distinction between total assignment and contracting out the collection.

I can't tell you about the site, but the text quoted in post #4 is dodgy to say the least. And after seeing the 'logo' on the aforementioned website, I think I was right to surmise that its author should have put the bong down when reading up on the ins and outs of contract law...

Edited by citizenB

Hopefully it helped the op realise that the txt posted was of no use. I apologise if i posted an link that was not allowed but that starts a whole new debate.

There is a link to that site at the bottom of the quote so maybe that needs removing as well. That is how i found it.

I think at citizen b says the meaning of ROP would be useful

Edited by westfield

ROP = repayment option plan something i have paid for but didnt ask for lol, BUT have used it for 2 years they just slap on more n more late charges was over £450-00 in fees got all back except £133-00 so far have made an official complaint have done the following as of this SUNDAY CCA REQ/ SAR so will wait for their response b4 getting FOS involved also this has been dragging on since 06/2010 as well ffs lol pmsl :razz:didnt mean to cause further confusion lol I do have a great understanding of the law including credit criminal civil laws as daughter is just finishing her Law degree lol sorry guys :oops:

Edited by mikeymack2002

Regarding item 4 of this post if you do fone the dca involed and they have purchased the debt then the debt is paid, but then if they say we have to speak to our client then this is them misleading/lying and very very naught yes? They HAVE bought the debt the debt IS paid and they have certain rights to collect on their purchase but if the law says the debt is paid its paid, but if the law says you owe a balance then the balance due is what they paid for it nothing more nothing less, how can someone buy something then expect someone to repay their kindness? I will never repay someone that has has bought something they didnt have too!! If they want to be daft and risk their arm in such a way I always say thankyou for settling my debt and ask for a receipt, if they dont give me a receipt then how can they claim for a refund of their purchase?? I'm confused lol :smile:

In my experience a dca can act as an agent or have some rights assigned to them. I have had letters saying we have instructed xyz to act on our behalf in which case they may have to refer back to the client. In other cases they buy the debt and the law clearly states what needs to be done. That is the debtor needs to be notified as soon as possible in a certain format. If this is not done they can not bring action.

it wont lol the debt is fine but the charges are not its a small debt nothing to worry about but the fact is they add charges and call in the mugget patrol to inforce when in dispute