Brand new tv taken out of box with hole in the screen!! Help!!

graceava
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI,

4 days ago i bought a LED samsung 40inch smart tv from curry's for 450pounds.

i hadn't got it out of the box till today as i was waiting for a friend to come over and put a wall bracket up and fix the tv on for me as i was scared of dropping it.

after setting it up and fiddling with the settings a bit i noticed a small hole in the screen, it looks like its been poked with a needle. it is quite noticable as it is white.

how is this possible? i

have rang currys and they have asked me to bring it in but that is going to be hard as i don't drive and live 30miles away from the shop.

i asked a freind to come with me to pick it up originally, i could ask them to take me back but not sure when.

should i insist that currys pick it up and deliver me a new one as it is there fault for selling me a broken tv?

i am really worried the are going to say they will repair it,

then ive spent good money on a not 100% perfect tv.

any advice would be really helpful, a

lso has this happened to anyone else?

thanks.

hi, i had a similar problem with currys a number of years ago. (diff product)

i returned it to the store and spoke with the manager about the added taxi expense, (i had taxi receipt with me). The manager then let me purchase a pair of headphones for just £5 - i was willing to pay the £27 or £28 for them, but just paid a fiver! Happy days as the taxi receipt was just £8!

Maybe phone the store and ask if they are willing to either collect and deliver replacement, or reimburse your travel expenses? If they say no, then maybe point out the fact that you are suffering a financial loss because of their failure to provide you with goods of merchantable quality and not abiding by sales of goods act.

Interesting thread graceava!

hi, thanks for replies. me and my freind took it back today as currys insisted the 'system' wouldn't allow the to book a pick up.

i went in, explained the problem and was handed a new tv without them even looking at the damaged one!

then as i was leaving the person serving me said he was just going to check if i needed to sign anything and we went to the refunds counter. the man there said that he should have rang samsung up for an RA number before exchanging it but it was to late now and that was that.

i don't know if i got lucky but im quite impressed with currys service.