style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've had a lot of problems with NPower recently but today they sent me a bill for the period from February to August. They sent me a letter a month or so ago apologising for the delay in sending the bill but they were having problems with the billing system.

However they have the following readings showing on their online system for the day rate (the night ones look more reasonable)

24/01/2012, 6983, usage 0, submitted by NPower

07/02/2012 - 7000, usage 17, submitted by Customer

08/02/2012 - 7000, usage 0, submitted by NPower.

13/08/2012 - 8124, usage of 1124 units, submitted by NPower

24/10/2012 - 7240, usage of 99116 units submitted by NPower

The current bill is only to August but is for 1124 units (8124 - 7000) when the actual usage is currently showing as around 7300. In reality there is a dodgy reading in there (8124) which is why the bill has gone up this quarter. The more recent reading of 7240 is more reasonable, but it seems NPower have interpreted this as the meter having "clocked" (gone back round) as it's lower than the previous value hence a usage of 99,116 units is now shown. So I'm not looking forward to the next bill which will include this.

I suspect someone at NPower is just making up the readings, since the meter is inside and they've not read it in years (I get a card from Lowri Beck I think it is from time to time saying they tried to read it but I was out and when I get this I submit my own readings, but these don't appear on the NPower site).

I tried to call their customer services line and got a recorded message that they are all on a training course and to ring back tomorrow (this was before their closing time of 8pm). I tried instead to get through to their complains department but having been in a queue for more than an hour without anyone answering the battery in my phone gave up.

Try a letter asking if their cables are capable of supplying that much power without melting. I make that over 200amps on average.

If you paid the previous bill, also ask if they are really just trying to avoid refunding a previous over-estimate.

Definitely a letter though.