Help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First off this is my first post on here so hi :smile:.

I recently took out a contract with phones4u for a HTC One X,

6 days after there 28 day returns policy my phone wouldnt charge,

I rang phones4u and was told to get in touch with HTC,

I had done this

on the 22nd of october, UPS collected the phone,

I was told 5-7 days untill i would get my phone back by HTC ,

on the 8th day i had not been contacted by HTC so i got in touch with them,

My phone had still not been logged into there system and it needed to be done by there supervisor who i couldnt speak to as customers arnt allowed?!

16 days have now passed and they have just given me a UPS tracking number for the return of my phone(5mins ago),

UPS tracking site is saying HTC have made shipping labels but no delivery date?

I tryed to cancell the contract with the network provider but would have to pay 22 months payment....

Do you think i could claim compensation for this mess they have created? I have lost work due to having no way of comunicating,time off for courier,hours on the telephone?

Any help would be brilliant,thanks

nothing to do with HTC

under SOGA take it back to P4U

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have you received the phone back in working condition? Ie - fully repaired?

If so then your best bet is to probably make a formal written complaint to the Phones 4 U Head office outlining that you're unhappy with the poor level of service that you have received and the branch attempting to shirk their responsibities under the Sales of Goods act as they, not the manufacturer, are ultimately responsible for the phone you have purchased. If the phone does need to be sent to HTC for repair, it is Phones 4 U's responsibility to arrange this and make contact with HTC, not yours. Ask them what they intend to do to ensure that such a situation does not happen again and how they intend to compensate you for the time you had to spend doing their job for them.

Do be aware however that under the SOGA they are allowed a 'reasonable time' to repair the phone. This time isn't set in stone but the general consensus is that up to 28 days would fall into this category, so it appears your phone was repaired within this timeframe.