Travis Perkins Personal Guarantee & Bankruptcy threat **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

It seems I had the same problem with TP as many others. Didn't agree I'd knowingly signed what they state is a PG and they threatened bankruptcy. Stuck to my guns, put in my defense, repesented myself and had bankruptcy hearing recently.

It was dismissed. :whoo:

Have to admit Judge did not seem impressed with the way TP had gone about things and really helped me out when Solicitor was using legal jargon etc.

If I can help anyone who is in the same boat currently, I'd be glad to try my best. :wink:

HOWEVER, TP have indicated they will try other methods of litigation to try and get the money, so this is the part where I'd really appreciate some help.

If you also signed the 'Credit Account Application Form' that had a section titled 'Credit Guarentee' incorporated into the document, disagreed you entered into any PG and TP threatened bankruptcy, or made you bankrupt, I would appreciate details i.e name, contact no., amount persued etc (via PM, if preferred!). I have a plan! :madgrin:

Thanks everyone!

I would appreciate details i.e name, contact no., amount persued etc (via PM,

if preferred!).

why do you need such info? Edited by Ford

:-o If I did I'd be able to access the info I needed!!!!

Ford, TP has made my life hell. I had to liquidate a business and was railroaded by TP into bankruptcy proceedings.

It is up to any individual to provide the info I requested of their own free will, I'm trying to fight the corner of the little guy here and would appreciate the help.

I fully understand that, but more substance is provided in Court defense when more details are available of individuals that have been persued by TP, i.e. if the Judge wished to contact other individuals to ascertain the validity of my arguement this would be easily possible, rather than wishy-washy.

It would be up to anyone to provide whatever details they wished, even if it is just a petition no.

You never know who reads CAG, as posts to this site are flagged to twitter and appear in google results. So if someone was representing TP, they might find this thread if they did a search. So I would suggest that you don't share on a public forum or in PM's.

I suspect that in your case, that TP will now look to issue a normal court claim and see how it goes. I have no idea whether your cunning plan would work, as you would need to go into a lot of detail, which would be difficult on a forum. I suggest that you wait to see what TP's next move is.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Have you thought about posting to forums where builders/contractors might post ? There are various tradesmans fourms online.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You never know who reads CAG, as posts to this site are flagged to twitter and appear in google results. So if someone was representing TP, they might find this thread if they did a search. So I would suggest that you don't share on a public forum or in PM's.

I suspect that in your case, that TP will now look to issue a normal court claim and see how it goes. I have no idea whether your cunning plan would work, as you would need to go into a lot of detail, which would be difficult on a forum. I suggest that you wait to see what TP's next move is.

Hi, aware TP could access this.

Whether or not anyone assisted with their own difficulties regarding this, it doesn't affect my 'plan', however it would give it more clout and hopefully assist others. I understand that others have documented TPs replies when they have contested the 'PG' etc, so please could you explain in 'baby steps' the dangers of asking for help, I'm just confused! Thanks.

wouldn't think many would be willing to impart personal info 'just like that' without further info.

as posting up your 'plan' details may be an issue, maybe could put your 'plan' to the cag site team for their consideration?

wouldn't think many would be willing to impart personal info 'just like that' without further info.

as posting up your 'plan' details may be an issue, maybe could put your 'plan' to the cag site team for their consideration?

I think I'll request the information from TP directly and see if they will provide the figures. Worth a go anyway.

.... Basically the amount of people persued for bankruptcy/made bankrupt on the basis of the application form/credit guarentee described in my first post.

well, couldn't some of that info, although perhaps not definitive, be obtained on thread without requesting personal info. eg post up if subject to TP bankruptcy. or is there more to it?

well, couldn't some of that info, although perhaps not definitive, be obtained on thread without requesting personal info. eg post up if subject to TP bankruptcy. or is there more to it?

Yes, of course, it would be up to any individual to provide whatever info they wish, I'd just appreciate as detailed as poss.

As far as I can gather from this forum, many people have been in my boat with TP.

I didn't back down and the bankruptcy was dismissed based on my defence to their 'PG'. Other people have settled, paid in full or been made bankrupt by TP regardless they truly believe they did not know/intend they were signing a 'PG'. I'm going to fight my corner and if anyone else who has been/going through the same, your help could make a significant difference. I can't make it any plainer, read between the lines and my course of action is obvious. If it succeeds, well, self-explanatory.

Hello Illusion.....well done for standing up to them, (did you get any costs by the way ?). If I see any other bankruptcy attempts by Tragic Perkins on this site then I will let you know...but as has been said above people will be cautious to offer up personal information, the beauty of the open forums is that people can comment / agree / disgaree / add to any situations that arise on here. Just in case information is wrong or misunderstood, I have been grateful to others when they have corrected me in the past....

Hello Illusion.....well done for standing up to them, (did you get any costs by the way ?). If I see any other bankruptcy attempts by Tragic Perkins on this site then I will let you know...but as has been said above people will be cautious to offer up personal information, the beauty of the open forums is that people can comment / agree / disgaree / add to any situations that arise on here. Just in case information is wrong or misunderstood, I have been grateful to others when they have corrected me in the past....

Thanks, much appreciated.

TP wanted over £800 costs. Judge ordered me to pay the associated costs of not setting the bankruptcy petition aside but denied TP of any other costs they were attempting to claim. Judge did not appear to agree with TP.

• dx100uk changed the title to Travis Perkins Personal Guarantee & Bankruptcy threat **WON**