NRAM Possession 'adjourned' help

sam_lowery
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The possession hearing was for 27/11/12 - the arrears were cleared by 30/10/12 - I have received an 'adjournment' letter today, and then spoke to the solicitors about it, they said it would remain open for 12months, is this correct? When I last spoke to NRAM they told me the case would be dismissed, and is that what the judge would do? I am very concerned about these tactics and are they legal? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Sam, I would call the court where the hearing was 'adjourned' for clarification. If you had a suspended warrant before then you have to get the court to lift it although this usually stays in place even after the arrears are cleared for 6-9 months so they can look at a regular payment plan. Their bulling tactics are shocking but all the time they get away with it they will continue unfortunately.

They must have asked the court for an adjournement with leave to restore within 12 months. You can apply to the court to have the leave to restore removed.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

It will be an N244 form and the cost is £80.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.