Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2942 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

A friend of mine has just been sold over the phone some insurance for satellite services. I think he was ripped off as they took off him two amounts, one for 59.99 and another amount for 19.99. The company appears to be in Bournemouth. He is on virgin media. At the best of times as lovely a chap as he is he comes across as two sandwiches short of a picnic box. As I am someone who likes to play fair, I am asking the question, is he being ripped off or what ?

Yes, if he's on Virgin Media they don't use Satellite, they use cable. Only Sky use Satellite.It sounds like your friend has been mis-sold. He should contact the company and demand a refund, or contact the card issuer for his payment card and get a chargeback done asap.