• Tweets

• love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
    • I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
    • Paragraph 23 – "standard industry practice" – put this in bold type. They are stupid to rely on this and we might as well carry on emphasising how stupid they are. I wonder why they could even have begun to think some kind of compelling argument – "the other boys do it so I do it as well…" Same with paragraph 26   Paragraph 45 – The Defendants have so far been unable to produce any judgements at any level which disagree with the three judgements…  …court, but I would respectfully request…   Just the few amendments above – and I think it's fine. I think you should stick to the format that you are using. This has been used lots of times and has even been applauded by judges for being meticulous and clear. You aren't a professional. Nobody is expecting professional standards and although it's important that you understand exactly what you are doing – you don't really want to come over to the judge that you have done this kind of thing before. As a litigant in person you get a certain licence/leeway from judges and that is helpful to you – especially if you are facing a professional advocate. The way this is laid out is far clearer than the mess that you will get from EVRi. Quite frankly they undermine their own credibility by trying to say that they should win simply because it is "standard industry practice". It wouldn't at all surprise me if EVRi make you a last moment offer of the entire value of your claim partly to avoid judgement and also partly to avoid the embarrassment of having this kind of rubbish exposed in court. If they do happen to do that, then you should make sure that they pay everything. If they suddenly make you an out-of-court offer and this means that they are worried that they are going to lose and so you must make sure that you get every penny – interest, costs – everything you claimed. Finally, if they do make you an out-of-court offer they will try to sign you up to a confidentiality agreement. The answer to that is absolutely – No. It's not part of the claim and if they want to settle then they settle the claim as it stands and don't try add anything on. If they want confidentiality then that will cost an extra £1000. If they don't like it then they can go do the other thing. Once you have made the amendments suggested above – it should be the final version. court,. I don't think we are going to make any more changes. Your next job good to make sure that you are completely familiar with it all. That you understand the arguments. Have you made a court familiarisation visit?
    • just type no need to keep hitting quote... as has already been said, they use their own criteria. if a person is not stated as linked to you on your file then no cant hurt you. not all creditors use every CRA provider, there are only 3 main credit file providers mind, the rest are just 3rd party data sharers. if you already have revolving credit on your file there is no need to apply for anything just 'because' you need to show you can handle money. if you have bank account(s) and a mortgage which you are servicing (paying) then nothing more can improve your score, despite what these 'scam' sites claiml  its all a CON!!  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Easyjet flight was cancelled - now they won't respond to my emails... can you help?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me.

On 5 February, my brother and I were both stranded for a night in

France when our Easyjet flight from Grenoble to London Luton was

cancelled.

I have written to Easyjet via the feedback form on their website

(there is no mailing address published on their site) on two

separate occasions since. I asked them to send me a contact name

and address where I can send the receipts for the expenses we

incurred staying an extra night in France. Claiming these

expenses is in accordance with the terms and conditions detailed

in Easyjet's Carrier Regulations and in line with EU passenger

rights.

Despite receiving automated responses acknowledging my email each

time I wrote to them, and despite them promising to get back to

me within 20 working days, I have heard nothing back.

I am at my wits' end. Can you help?

Many thanks in advance,

Richard.

--

PS Further information:

- The EU passenger rights document is here:

http://europa.eu.int/comm/transport/air/rights/doc/2005_01_19_apr_poster_en.pdf

- Easyjet's own rules on delays & cancellations in its "carrier's

regulations" is here:

http://www.easyjet.com/en/book/regulations.html#delays

- Easyjet's (hard to find) feedback form is here:

http://easyjet.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easyjet.cfg/php/enduser/cfc.php?form=CS&p_sid=hDNsJy_h

A lot of companies use email contact forms as a means of deflecting complaints. Until quite recently people were a little sceptical that email always worked so companies could deny receipt with some credibility. That excuse really doesn't work anymore. Your complaint has been received and ignored because to deal with it will cost the company money.

I think you should resort to old technology and write them a letter setting out the facts, your costs and demanding reimbursement under threat of a county court claim. Send it recorded delivery to the registered office of the company with a clear deadline for response. If they fail to do with and you believe that you have a stronbg argument, then sue them.

"3. A refund of the fare paid for the journey not made and for the journey already made where the flight no longer serves the purpose of the original travel plan. This refund can be claimed by visiting our website (http://www.easyJet.com) and completing the online cancelled flight form in the contact us section."

It might sound a daft question, but I assume that you did send your e-mail there, not just feedback services? I know it shouldn't make a difference, but it often does.

What were the circumstances of the cancellation? How long a delay? Can you give more background info, please?

Does this help?????????????????????

easyJet Airline Company Limited

easyLand

London Luton Airport

Bedfordshire

LU2 9LS

UK

Customer Services: 0871 244 2366 (calls cost 10p per minute; calls from mobiles and other networks may cost more)

Call Customer Services to:

Correct minor spelling mistakes in passenger names or incorrect titles

Confirm the details of your booking or to check if your booking has gone through

Make baggage enquiries, including lost or damaged

***Claim refunds, credit files or make transfers from disrupted or cancelled flights ***

Claim under our price promise policy

Claim under our 24 hour booking cancellation policy

Discuss any other issues not covered above

At least you will have a person to speak to and get the name of!!!!

Any problems ask to speak to Stelios!

LOULA

Hi, I am trying to find you a direct (landline) number for someone who may be able to help but in the meantime you can send your letter to Andy Harrison, he's the CEO. Write to him at the Easyland address given in the post above.

• 1 month later...

Do not forget a few facts from the EU Regulations. Airlines have simply taken some of the cheapest parts from the legislation - eg 2 free phone calls, £3 food voucher and incorporated it in their docs to deceive you into thinking that this is all you are entitled to.

However for cancellations they are obliged to offer you a choice of alternative transport which meets your needs, where your travel arrangements have been so badly disrupted that resumed travel is delayed overnight then you are also entitled to claim all accomodation and meal costs. Finally you are ALSO entitled to compensation which starts ay e250 and is on a scale depending on distance to your destination.

Go re-read the full legislation and detail your claim again.

Oh, I saved the best bit until the end - the airline must make payment to you within 7 days.

zubo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Hi Richard,

I'm having the same problem claiming from EasyJet, my 6.50pm flight from Stansted was cancelled at the last minute and we were re-routed to Gatwick by taxi to stay in a hotel till the next available flight at 4.40am the next morning (yawn). Just wondered if you have had any luck in getting compensation. I have emailed a customer services person a few weeks ago, still have not had a reply. If you have managed to sort it out please can you let me know what you did in the end.

Thanks

Kerry

Hi

I have got the same problem (for details please read post 'EasyJet EU carrier yes or no' and 'taking easyJet to Court' in this forum)

I have written them a letter holding them responsible for my expenses and compensation payments on July 23rd recorded delivery. Letter received by them 25th of July according to Royal Mail. So far no response

I spoke to a solicitor after that who advised me about the EU passenger rights and the amount of compensation we are entitled to (we were travelling as a family of four persons all paying full price). I wrote them another letter 07/08 stating exactly how much I am claiming from them (just over £700.- in total) asking them to pay within 28 days of my letter.

If no reply by 06.09 I will send them a LBA and take the matter to my local small claims courts

I spoke to the CAA and they basically also said I can complain to them but all they can do is remind EasyJet of their obligations but cannot enforce them physically (a watchdog with no teeth) so if I wanted money out of them I would need to go to Court anyway

No one in these easyjet threads have stated why their flight was cancelled. IF your flight was cancelled due to an event OUTSIDE of easyjet's control they DO NOT have to compensate.

So if your flight was cancelled due to adverse weather, air traffic control problems, security reasons, airport operations or any other reason which easyjet does not have control over they do not have to provide any compensation.

Hope this helps.

I think most of the time EasyJet does not provide a reason even if asked

In our case we were told it was due to operational reasons, I doubt that will qualify for exceptional as outlined in the law.

But I would be only too happy to let a judge decide on this ! (And it most likely will come to this)

I am really glad it's not just me - my flight was cancelled with 3 days notice on July 5th, I have been trying to get a refund plus compensation since then. EasyJet have not even refunded the cost of the original flight, which I find unbelievable. They assured me they would also refund the extra costs incurred by me having to arrange a new flight at such short notice (as the company admitted they could not do this themselves). I've written to them 3 times, emailed them 3 times and tried countless times to speak to them - fruitless. Not one response.

Last week I wrote to the Air Transport Users Council, who can take up cases for individuals 6 weeks after flight dates, but cannot guarantee anything. I've also emailed the Guardian's consumer editor for good measure as bad publicity is a good way of getting organisations to do something.

I was fairly relieved to read on these forums about this EU regulation, which I think EasyJet were definitely in breach of with my case. I await a response from the ATUC eagerly, as I know feel I have some ammunition to use against EasyJet. Thanks!

Relevent bit of the regulation

1. In case of cancellation of a flight, the passengers

concerned shall:

(a) be offered assistance by the operating air carrier in accordance

with Article 8; and

(b) be offered assistance by the operating air carrier in accordance

with Article 9(1)(a) and 9(2), as well as, in event of rerouting

when the reasonably expected time of departure of

the new flight is at least the day after the departure as it

was planned for the cancelled flight, the assistance specified

in Article 9(1)(b) and 9(1)©; and

© have the right to compensation by the operating air carrier

in accordance with Article 7, unless:

(iii) they are informed of the cancellation less than seven

days before the scheduled time of departure and are

offered re-routing, allowing them to depart no more

than one hour before the scheduled time of departure

and to reach their final destination less than two hours

after the scheduled time of arrival.

Compensation Due under the regulation

Article 7

Right to compensation

1. Where reference is made to this Article, passengers shall

receive compensation amounting to:

(a) EUR 250 for all flights of 1 500 kilometres or less;

(b) EUR 400 for all intra-Community flights of more than

1 500 kilometres, and for all other flights between 1 500

and 3 500 kilometres;

© EUR 600 for all flights not falling under (a) or (b).

In determining the distance, the basis shall be the last destination

at which the denial of boarding or cancellation will delay

the passenger's arrival after the scheduled time.

2. When passengers are offered re-routing to their final

destination on an alternative flight pursuant to Article 8, the

arrival time of which does not exceed the scheduled arrival

time of the flight originally booked

(a) by two hours, in respect of all flights of 1 500 kilometres

or less; or

(b) by three hours, in respect of all intra-Community flights of

more than 1 500 kilometres and for all other flights

between 1 500 and 3 500 kilometres; or

© by four hours, in respect of all flights not falling under (a)

or (b),

the operating air carrier may reduce the compensation

provided for in paragraph 1 by 50 %.

3. The compensation referred to in paragraph 1 shall be

paid in cash, by electronic bank transfer, bank orders or bank

cheques or, with the signed agreement of the passenger, in

travel vouchers and/or other services.

4. The distances given in paragraphs 1 and 2 shall be

measured by the great circle route method.

Article 8

Right to reimbursement or re-routing

1. Where reference is made to this Article, passengers shall

be offered the choice between:

(a) — reimbursement within seven days, by the means

provided for in Article 7(3), of the full cost of the ticket

at the price at which it was bought, for the part or

parts of the journey not made, and for the part or parts

already made if the flight is no longer serving any

purpose in relation to the passenger's original travel

plan, together with, when relevant,

— a return flight to the first point of departure, at the

earliest opportunity;

(b) re-routing, under comparable transport conditions, to their

final destination at the earliest opportunity; or

© re-routing, under comparable transport conditions, to their

final destination at a later date at the passenger's convenience,

subject to availability of seats.

2. Paragraph 1(a) shall also apply to passengers whose

flights form part of a package, except for the right to reimbursement

where such right arises under Directive 90/314/EEC.

3. When, in the case where a town, city or region is served

by several airports, an operating air carrier offers a passenger a

flight to an airport alternative to that for which the booking

was made, the operating air carrier shall bear the cost of transferring

the passenger from that alternative airport either to that

for which the booking was made, or to another close-by destination

agreed with the passenger.

In the case of a flight cancelled 3 days in advance, the exceptional circumstances as defined in the regulation would probably not apply.

Lloyds TSB, Total Charges £900, Claim Filed for £1379 - Settled

Sainsbury's Bank Credit Card, Total Charges £90 - Settled.

Hi,

Just received a reply from EasyJet after 2 months of hassling them. I know I haven't got the money yet but it's a start. Just so you know there is light at the end of the tunnel, so don't give up. I sent recorded delivery letter on Friday and sent loads of emails. I'm still in a state of shock need to go for a large glass of wine to celebrate!.............Kerry

Copy of letter from easyJet

Thank you for your emails.

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the delay in replying. This was due to my extended absence from work following an injury. I realise I have promised my immediate attention when we spoke on 24 July and I am truly sorry that I was unable to honour that or acknowledge your emails whilst away from the office.

I am writing to confirm that I have now authorised a refund of the expenses you incurred as a result of the cancellation of your flight form Stansted to Barcelona on 23 July, as follows: £185.00 for hotel accommodation, £116 for the taxi transfer from Stansted to Gatwick and £46.25 for refreshments. Further to this, as your flight was cancelled for operational reasons and we failed to provide at least 14 days advance notice, you are entitled to compensation under the EU Regulation 261/2004. The length of the cancelled flight is 1185 km and this qualifies for a compensation payment of 250 EUR per passenger. I have therefore authorised a further payment of 2 x £169.50, applying the current exchange rate published on xe.com. A total credit of £686.25 will reach the VISA card used for payment of the flights within the next 5-7 working days.

I would like to apologise once again for the inconvenience caused by this issue. I realise that you have had a negative experience on this occasion and I do hope that this will not deter your from choosing easyJet in the future.

Thank you for contacting us Mrs Barns. If you need any further help, please contact us again either by calling 0871 244 2366 (calls cost 10p per minute; calls from mobile and other networks may cost more) or sending us an email via the contact us section on easyJet.com. We look forward to welcoming you on board in the future.

• 2 months later...

Glad you got a reply, that's more what we got. We never received a reply to any of our three letters

Did they refund the money back to your card in the end ?

We had to take them to court for our compensation, whereby they decided not to defend and we obtained judgement by default. They have now been ordered to pay the full amount plus interest to us

Yes, I did get my money back in the end plus compensation £170 each. It took me hours of work to get it sorted and i will NEVER NEVER fly with easyjet again!!

I'm glad you won your case, and hope they pay you out soon. So many people must just give up and let them get away with it.

:-)

Kerry

• 3 years later...

Here is my story in a letter I just wrote to easy jet I have been trying to contact them since the end of Dec 09!!! Its now Feb 19 2010.

Dear Easyjet,

I am still waiting for a reply for my reimbursement for alternative travel arrangements after the flight that my brother and I were meant to travel on with Easyjet from Gatwick on December 22nd 2009.

This cancellation happened on a day when there was no adverse weather conditions and other airlines and planes were running on time and having a good service allround?!

After checking in, accepting us as passengers and waiting for hours in the departure lounge for our flight to be called we were told that the flight had been cancelled late on the Tuesday night (22nd Dec). We were told to make alternative travel arrangements, for which no reason was given and that as long as it was Economy and one way we would be reimbursed the cost (at any cost) of the alternative travel arrangements by Easyjet . (by ground staff at Gatwick).

There were no more Easyjet flights out of Gatwick until after Christmas and obviously we were travelling to our family for the festive period. This was not an easy undertaking, especially at this time of year. The only flights I could find from any London airport before Christmas were on BA. Easyjet flights were fully booked out until the 27th December from Gatwick! As we were at Gatwick and with no internet at this late time (i.e not at home) I went to the North Terminal at Gatwick and after queuing there, I was offered the last 2 seats (on a London flight before Xmas (for my brother and I on a BA Flight on the 24th December 2009, Economy, One Way for the (ridiculous) price of £alot! each!?!

Now just to make sure this was ok and ‘from the horses mouth so to speak’, my brother & I (& a few other passengers looking at other means of travel) had previously gone to the Easyjet desk at Gatwick to ask what we should do and we were told (I have witnesses, their contact numbers /emails etc to back this up) that as long as we bought Economy, One Way flights, at what ever cost we would get our money back for this alternative means of transport?!! So I bought the last 2 tickets BA had to offer that would get my brother and I to Nice, France for Christmas 2009. (the other alternative was with Lufthansa for more?!!!!).

Since, My brother has been reimbursed the cost of his original outward bound tickets (he made original booking!) by Easyjet (details below) but on the 22nd December he could not pay for the alternative travel arrangements, so it fell to me to pay on my card and so I put the alternative flights on my card.

So, upon return to the UK after Xmas, We/I was told to apply for the reimbursement over the internet via your website. I did this and have followed these/ your instructions, and since have waited and waited for a reply. To this date I have not heard a thing so far back from you.

I simply can not afford this expense and I am accruing interest all the time (January and now February) on this amount (£alot x 2) which is not fair. Especially after we took every precaution to do everything as instructed by Easyjet. This is not to mention the waiting, stress and inconvenience caused by the whole train of events?!

So in brief, you have refunded the cost of the out ward bound tickets back to my brother – Mr X. You did this in 2 payments as HE made the ticket bookings on 2 separate occasions and thus two separate refunds for both Mr Y andMr X outward bound tickets.

As you are now aware, I paid for the alternative travel arrangements/flights booked on the 22nd December 2009 for Mr Mr X and myself - Mr Y on my credit card.

I AM STILL AWAITING A RESPONSE LET ALONE REIMBURSEMENT FROM EASYJET on this matter. It clearly states that you are responsible for this and I have included aprint out of Carrier Regulations and Terms & Conditions, proof of our easy jet travel, an example of a scan of one of our tickets, scans of and proof of the BA flight and purchase I am waiting to get reimbursed for.

So I am owed £hell of alot for alternative flights. I know this is alot of money but would never have booked them having known that I would not get reimbursed. I have not even asked for costs, interest or compensation, which I could also ask for. Please get back in touch with me as soon as possible. This is a great worry, costing me interest all the time. The lack of communication is very worrying. I have sent this recorded delivery, cc’d and sent a copy to my solicitors and will be sending copies on to other bodies if no correspondence is established as soon as possible.

Please get back to me.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD DO ABOUT TAKING THEM TO COURT NOW?!

THANKS

I would send them a letter by Royal Mail , recorded delivery. (letter before acion)

Set them a deadline by which you require the re-imbursement and if they do not comply, start court proceedings. Small claims.

You can also phone consumer direct for more advice on the matter.

Easy Jet is unlikely to respond or comply, but in my case I obtained a judgemet by default and then sent the bailiffs in to their Easyland offices in Luton. The bailiff collected the amount in the end from them.

Hi, I should have been flying to Malta, With Easyjet on 13.2.10, as we were about to board, they cancelled the flight due to 'crew shortage' and were unable to offer a replacement flight for at least 3 days. As a reSult our holiday was written off.

I emailed the Easyjet customer services and 48 hours later they replied agreeing that they would reimburse flight costs but no losses incurred through the cancellation (eg hotel, transfers and car parking)

They suggested I claimed on my travel insurance for other losses, but this would have cost me a considerable excess and would hardly have been worth it financially.

However, I did a bit of research and found out they were liable to pay compensation as the cancellation was 'avoidable'. There are certain exemptions to the compensation if it classed as 'unavoidable'

The civil aviation authority were very helpful (you can phone them on 0207 240 6061) and informed me that I could claim €250 per passenger. Your airline will not tell you this, but they have a legal obligation to compensate you if you are entitled. They can actually be fined if they do not compensate you!

The following table shows a breakdown of rates of compensation.

Compensation for flight cancellations

Flight Length

0 – 1,500km

e.g. London > Barcelona

1,500 – 3,500km

e.g. London > Istanbul

3,500km +

e.g. London > New York

Delay to destination

Up to 2 hours

More than 2 hours

Up to 3 hours

More than 3 hours

Up to 4 hours

More than 4 hours

Compensation

€125

€250

€200

€400

€300

€600

I sent further e-mails to Easyjet, quoting my contact with the CAA and the Air Transport Users Council ( The UK's Consumer Watchdog for the Aviation Industry | AUC Home) stating my rights and asking to be compensated. Heard back from them today and they have agreed to pay up!

Please try this....IT WORKS!!! :-)

I only wish I could contact all the other passengers from my flight!

Good luck!

Hi, I should have been flying to Malta, With Easyjet on 13.2.10, as we were about to board, they cancelled the flight due to 'crew shortage' and were unable to offer a replacement flight for at least 3 days. As a reSult our holiday was written off.

I emailed the Easyjet customer services and 48 hours later they replied agreeing that they would reimburse flight costs but no losses incurred through the cancellation (eg hotel, transfers and car parking)

They suggested I claimed on my travel insurance for other losses, but this would have cost me a considerable excess and would hardly have been worth it financially.

However, I did a bit of research and found out they were liable to pay compensation as the cancellation was 'avoidable'. There are certain exemptions to the compensation if it classed as 'unavoidable'

The civil aviation authority were very helpful (you can phone them on 0207 240 6061) and informed me that I could claim €250 per passenger. Your airline will not tell you this, but they have a legal obligation to compensate you if you are entitled. They can actually be fined if they do not compensate you!

The following table shows a breakdown of rates of compensation.

Compensation for flight cancellations

Flight Length

0 – 1,500km

e.g. London > Barcelona

1,500 – 3,500km

e.g. London > Istanbul

3,500km +

e.g. London > New York

Delay to destination

Up to 2 hours

More than 2 hours

Up to 3 hours

More than 3 hours

Up to 4 hours

More than 4 hours

Compensation

€125

€250

€200

€400

€300

€600

I sent further e-mails to Easyjet, quoting my contact with the CAA and the Air Transport Users Council ( The UK's Consumer Watchdog for the Aviation Industry | AUC Home) stating my rights and asking to be compensated. Heard back from them today and they have agreed to pay up!

Please try this....IT WORKS!!! :-)

I only wish I could contact all the other passengers from my flight!

Good luck!

• 9 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks