Given a verbal warning after an investigation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4183 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive just recieved a verbal warning from a department I no longer work in (NHS) after a 4 month drawn out Investigation over me phoning a colleague from the works phone to ask about an allegation made about me which was not true.( It was in works time I was accused and a work related issue)

The person who I was meant to have confronted admitted it was not me who had questioned her over her job role.I was disciplined for using the works phone to call her and for being upset in earshot of the patients.

The manager who accused me had been told of the alleged incident by a third party and I found out after that the person who had been questioned told my manager she would not reveal who it was and wanted this to go no further.

The manager denied me a meeting with both her and the other person so I could prove it was not me.I am appalled they wasted 4 months of NHS money and am appalled that another memver of staff who actually walked out of the ward that day due to also being upset by another manager (shouted at in front of 2 visitors) did not recieve a warning.

This incident was 1 in a long line of issues this manager had with me, all being unfounded.I now have to have this verbal on my record for 12 months.

I was given the opportunity to appeal and take it to panel but after 4 months of waking up feeling nauseaus every day enough was enough for me.

I am disgusted how it can be an offence to cry and challenge a false allegation but not one to accuse me of something I didnt do AND to deny the chance to prove it.Im not sure what to do next.

I would like to report her to the midwifery council due the incompetence, harasment, victimisation and intimidation ( I have a list of about 10 things she did wrong including disclosing my personal details to 6 members of staff after I left the dpartment for which a sorry from her was deemed to be enough).

Not sure what to do next.Any advice gratefully recieved.

Edited by honeybee13
Putting in some spacing for easier reading.

You are going to struggle with further action if you do not appeal and are not vindicated.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

m thinking of taking my own action against the Midwife concerned for other things.She is not fit for the position and this has been demonstrated at least 10 times by inappropriate behaviour and actions.Do I have to appeal and clear my name before I can take action of my own against her.Even though it was her who started the whole fiasco she was not involved iht he investigation.

the Judge/ medical council/ boss: "So, Mr TheMage, you are certain lies were told about you, but had insufficient evidence of your innocence to complete a simple internal appeal and clear your name? Instead you chose to waste the court's/council's/my time with a vexatious case?"

Mr TheMage "Ummm.. yes?"

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Your verbal warning was for using an nhs phone for personal reasons which could have waited and the heated conversation was over heard by patients. Is this correct and did you do those things?

Considering the short time a verbal warning remains on file and you no longer work in the department I would accept it and carry on.

If you didnt appeal at the time because you had had enough why on earth are you even considering more hassle. If you havent got anything else on your record a verbal warning is not really anything too major, just get on with your job and keep your nose clean for a year

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

It was a disciplinary Investigation.The decision had to be made after a report had been produced as to whether to take it to panel for a disciplinary hearing.Yes I did use the nhs phone but to me it was not personal reason its was work related.Manager took me into an office and said you have questioned another member of staff about her justification for being the band of pay that she is.She informed me this was serious and in itself could warrant disciplinary action being taken against me.I did not do this and I told her so.I also told her that I was not even in work on the day this incident happened and she told me that another member of staff had informed her and so I must have done.I THEN aksed said manager fo a meeting to take place with me and the alleged aggreived member of staff, so I could be vindicated.I was denied this meeting as the manager said she did not want the other staff member upset any more.I asked manager why it was deemed ok to upset me by accusing me without proper investigation and I was told she did not want to discuss it anymore.I have taken the verbal warning purely because 4 months of waking up nauseated over this is more than enough.What I am annoyed about is that this situation was allowed to happen in the first place.I should never have been accused.Why has the manager not been investigated about this.Do we have to just sit back and allow injustices to take place (There are several other things this manager did which were against trust rules, such a breaking the data protection act with my personal Information, which she admitted and sorry is meant to be enough).I know I should just let it go and probably I will but how does this fare for other staff members if this is her attitude.Another staff member walked out of the department that day with stress due to a different manager shouting at her in front of patients.This staff member rang the manager who accused me just before return to work and told her she had been admitted into hospital after she walked out and the manager said "To the phsyc ward?".

I ended up leaving that ward after 12 years, a place I thought I would work forever, due to the terrible management.It's not that easy to just forget about how bad it all was.

Yeah your right, Dad says to just let it lie because some managers just don't like you making a fuss even if your in the right.Comforting I suppose that I had to tell my current manager this morning because I knew they were going to be informed.My manager said that it didnt happen on their department and the whole thing was silly and thats not how they operate.They said the letter will go far into the depths of somewhere and that they have already forgotten about it and so shoudl I because I was a very good worked and a pleasure to have on the department.This I only found out this morning after I made the initial post.I suppose 12 months aint so long.