style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Now that winter is here and we are restricted somewhat and unable to get out and about in our caravan we are looking for a hobby to pass the time. Unfortunately arthritis does no justice for any hobby as my fingers are thick and I am all thumbs. DIY is probably out of the question. The wife suffers from osteoarthritis so has her own issues.

Gets boring on the computer after awhile and watching Tv is not exactly exciting after a few hours. I used to lead an active life a few years ago when cold weather never bothered me. Not sure what we can do. Any serious suggestions.

collecting coins.

you can buy a lot of history for just a few pounds- you can get uncleaned roman coins for literally pence, and they are interesting to clean.

hammered coins date up to the late 1600's- again a few pounds can get you a penny of Edward III or a halfgroat of Elizabeth I...

it depends what you want to spend of course but you can put together a fascinating collection right from your laptop, ebay being a great place to start.

Walking. Your hands may be knackered by old age but your legs, heart, lungs and brain will have their shelf life seriously extended by this simple but very effective excercise.

Country walking is best, if possible. Even better if you can accompany it with a pair of binoculars or a camera. There is nothing better to put your problems in to context than the feeling of being in tune with nature with the sun on your head and bird song in your ears.

wireless cracking - use your own system

website hacking - theres alot of websites that allow this

sounds like nasty stuff but its amazing what you learn

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Walking. Your hands may be knackered by old age but your legs, heart, lungs and brain will have their shelf life seriously extended by this simple but very effective excercise.

Country walking is best, if possible. Even better if you can accompany it with a pair of binoculars or a camera. There is nothing better to put your problems in to context than the feeling of being in tune with nature with the sun on your head and bird song in your ears.

Limited as I have to use elbow crutches and cannot walk that far due to the back being a bit knackered. Around a super market is about the furtherest at the moment.

Search your family history?

Tried that using ancestry.co.uk, but virtually no records available as grandfather moved to South Africa in 1882. Ran out of options I could progress no further back unfortunately however it was interesting the little bit that I gleaned.

wireless cracking - use your own system

website hacking - theres alot of websites that allow this

sounds like nasty stuff but its amazing what you learn

I have been thinking more in terms of HAM radio, but not sure if I can afford the expense.

I know it sounds like a load of excuses for not been able to do some of the suggestions above, but the Roman coins and walking are good suggestions however sadly not my forte. I will look more into the HAM radio side of things as that could be interesting and more in line with my background. Thanks.

you should talk to my MIL's neighbour hes so into ham radio that the councils currently getting an enforcement order to take his masts down

hes got 4/5 roughly 30ft areals up,

hammings not as good as it used to be, alot of the frequencys are encrypted now, police, air traffic etc

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: