ukpc private parking fines

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

has the law changed ????

The Law from 1-10-2012:

A new Law from 1st October 2012 changed liability for parking on private land from the driver of the vehicle to the vehicle’s registered keeper, unless the keeper clearly identifies who was driving the car at the time.

does this now mean I have to buy my £50 fine for parking in a disabled bay infront of argos

it is not a fine just ignore them you will have some scary letters in red ink and a solicitors letter from a fake solicitor ignore them all

only respond to court papers but that should not happen

if you wanted a peaceful life you can pay them but if it was me i would hold on to my money!!

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

A fine is what the police/courts/council give you. A parking charge is what I could give you.

Yes the law changed a little bit but there is still a whole mountain of headache for the PPC to deal with before they can extract that £50 from you. Is it worth it? No, not really. Will they try? Unlikely for measly 50 quid.

Ignore - you have no contract with a PPC - only the land owner.

just read this on UKPC website

Legal precedents

By parking at one of the car parks we manage a driver enters into a contract with us. We clearly display the appropriate terms and conditions on the signage at all our sites. As a result the parking charges we issue are enforceable in the civil courts.

A key legal precedent for England and Wales was set in 1996, in the case of Arthur v Anker. The judge ruled that Mr Arthur parked in breach of the terms and conditions prominently displayed at the site. He was liable to pay the charges levied.

A more recent precedent was set in 2008, in the case of Combined Parking Solutions ("CPS") v Stephen James Thomas. Mr Thomas tried to deny he was the person responsible for parking his car without a permit in a church car park managed by CPS. However, the judge ruled that “on the balance of probabilities” the driver was Mr Thomas, and that he had therefore knowingly entered into a contract with CPS. He was held liable to pay CPS’s charges plus interest, court fees and expenses. The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 means that it will no longer be necessary to prove who the driver was, because if the registered keeper fails to identify the driver the registered keeper becomes liable to pay the parking charge.

In the Scottish courts the 2005 case of University of Edinburgh v Daniel Onifade set a legal precedent. In this case the court decided that Mr Onifade had knowingly parked in a private car park at the university on 29 occasions, without displaying a valid permit. The signage on display clearly explained that this would incur a charge of £30 per day. The judge held that Mr Onifade was liable to pay the parking charges of £870 plus interest and costs.

Received a Parking Charge?