JD Williams, Reliable Collections & Transcom

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in 1997, I helped my mother who is mentally ill and physically disabled enter a payment plan to help pay her £200 debt off to JD Williams (T/A Ambrose Wilson). By 1999 we noticed that the amount she owed was not going down so I wrote and asked for a full statement which was revived within a couple of weeks.

I noted that although they had in fact frozen the interest and had not added any charges all her payments were showing as a debit to the account and not a credit, so I highlighted the transactions and wrote off to JD Williams for an explanation, we heard nothing and time went by and it was forgotten.

In 2007 a letter came from Reliable Collections asking for £475 for a debt owed to Ambrose Wilson. I wrote back to them explaining the situation and as we had had no contact from the original creditor for over 6 years then it was Statute Barred, again nothing not confirmation they had received the letter or any follow up demands nothing; and again we thought it was over...

Now today 02/11/2012 my mother has had a letter dated the 26/10/2012 from Transcom Worldwide (UK) Ltd threatening legal action if they don't hear anything from her by the 5/11/2012, I have quickly fired off another Statue Barred Letter and posted it via Recorded Mail at 10am today 02/11/2012.

Of course after 12 or 13 years there is no way they can take legal action, but I was wondering is there anything that can be done to stop JD Williams/Ambrose Wilson from keep sending this debt out to other DCA's Do I send another SB letter to them or is there another type of letter I have to send to the OC or do we ignore the OC as they have not bothered in 12 years to contact her direct.

Motormile debt purchase has a lot of old Ambrose Wilson accounts farmed out toTrancom at present, I'm dealing with 2 now and have details tof a letter drafted to suit your case and the person to contact

I pm you the letter if you wish.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I have replied by PM and provided a letter to be sent to;

Sarah Woodward

Head of Collections

Transcom World Wide (UK)Ltd

Limewood House

Limewood Way

Seacroft

Leeds

LS14 1AB

The letter covers the debt being passed on while stat barred etc.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I have replied by PM and provided a letter to be sent to;

Sarah Woodward

Head of Collections

Transcom World Wide (UK)Ltd

Limewood House

Limewood Way

Seacroft

Leeds

LS14 1AB

The letter covers the debt being passed on while stat barred etc.

Hi, I have received it and pasted it into word and added the account details... I'm just off to the PO again to get it sent RD. Thanks for your help

UPDATE!

SD letter sent 02/11/2012 response received 08/11/2012

The response was that the account does not fall under the Limitations Act and they want my mother to enter a payment plan.

Not sure Now what letter to send next?

Letter just states they have proof the account does not fall under the limitations act and they look forward to receiving a payment plan to settle the debt...

Also now says on behalf of Motor Mile Finance but on Transcom Letterhead, Any way of finding out if they are part of Newman & Company as Google Street View does not recognise Limewood Way only Limewood Road and The Transcom Building (Limewood House) has a Newman & Company Google Marker on it.

UPDATE!

SD letter sent 02/11/2012 response received 08/11/2012

The response was that the account does not fall under the Limitations Act and they want my mother to enter a payment plan.

Not sure Now what letter to send next?

Don't let your mum enter into anything, what proof has been provided that the alleged debt is not statute barred??

• Confused 1

She's not... I know enough from other on this site not to allow her to do anything, So far NO PROOF has been provided

The Original CCA for Ambrose Wilson was signed sometime in 1985 when she first set up the Catalogue Account, she was a good payer each and every month always paying more than the min payment.

The problems only started as described in my first post...

The only acknowledgement since then was the first SB Letter sent in 2007 to the First DCA.

Edited by debtadvice2010

Now this is interesting I am dealing currently with an Ambrose Wilson SB debt which is at least 6-7 years without payment or acknowledgment being made the person concrned can prove SB, this one is in the hands of Motormile being chased by Transcom, who replied that this does not fall with in the Limitations Act, no explanation offered, then it the last half hour another one exactly the same has passed to me same OC same claim of not SB is thisd significant I wonder??

Now this is interesting I am dealing currently with an Ambrose Wilson SB debt which is at least 6-7 years without payment or acknowledgment being made the person concrned can prove SB, this one is in the hands of Motormile being chased by Transcom, who replied that this does not fall with in the Limitations Act, no explanation offered, then it the last half hour another one exactly the same has passed to me same OC same claim of not SB is thisd significant I wonder??

Same hear really, Stopped Paying the Debt around 11-12 years ago when we realised their was a problem and nothing until the DC Letter from Reliable Collections in 2007... But the letter does state Transcom can confirm that it's not SB and they also state they are working on behalf on Motormile...

It all does seem very 'coincidental'

I wondering if OC are going into administration and are trying to claw back anything they can, not heard anything tho.

I have discovered only one link my mother ordered some items from Jacamo for me last year but has paid everything upfront with a debit card so nothing owing to them but she has also just brought a new outfit from Julipa a few months back but again paid in full with her debit card.

Both Companies are part of the JD Williams Group so if there was a problem there I would not of thought she would have been allowed to order from them, although I doubt anything would show up on her credit file after all this time.

AW are I think part of Shop Direct, someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Emmm I have put Transcom to strict proof that the debt is not SB, written to Motormile also who have state 56 days to make a reply??

I'm going to ask my ''clients'' to get CRA files checked and I will do CCA requests for them. I would suggest you do the same.

AW are I think part of Shop Direct, someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Emmm I have put Transcom to strict proof that the debt is not SB, written to Motormile also who have state 56 days to make a reply??

I'm going to ask my ''clients'' to get CRA files checked and I will do CCA requests for them. I would suggest you do the same.

AW is part of JDW i've just checkon on their website (http://www.ambrosewilson.com/shop/aboutus/aboutUsView.action)

"Ambrose Wilson Limited is a sister company to J D Williams & Company Limited, the UK's leading direct home shopping company, operating over 20 successful catalogue brands."

Motormile debt purchase has a lot of old Ambrose Wilson accounts farmed out toTrancom at present, I'm dealing with 2 now and have details tof a letter drafted to suit your case and the person to contact

I pm you the letter if you wish.

I would be very very grateful if you could also pm me the letter as I am also having problems with Transcom. It's very frustrating but with all the valuable help I am getting from this forum, you are helping me remain calm. Many thanks in advance x

I would be very very grateful if you could also pm me the letter as I am also having problems with Transcom. It's very frustrating but with all the valuable help I am getting from this forum, you are helping me remain calm. Many thanks in advance x

Will Do, Will get my mom to scan it and email it to me, and i'll pass it on to you.

Letter just states they have proof the account does not fall under the limitations act and they look forward to receiving a payment plan to settle the debt...

Also now says on behalf of Motor Mile Finance but on Transcom Letterhead, Any way of finding out if they are part of Newman & Company as Google Street View does not recognise Limewood Way only Limewood Road and The Transcom Building (Limewood House) has a Newman & Company Google Marker on it.

UPDATE!

2nd letter arrived to say that DCA "Transcom" is now checking with the OC for details/proof of date of debt which is odd seeing as their 1st letter states they already had proof that the debt did not fall under the limitations act...

Me thinks the DCA needs their information updating before contacting susposed debtors.

got that cra file yet?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

UPDATE!

2nd letter arrived to say that DCA "Transcom" is now checking with the OC for details/proof of date of debt which is odd seeing as their 1st letter states they already had proof that the debt did not fall under the limitations act...

Make sure you keep both letters safe for future use, nothing like having proof they have lied to you

UPDATE!

Me thinks the DCA needs their information updating before contacting susposed debtors.

Hi I have now a considerable number of similar cases, and I am preparing a complaint to the OFT regarding the statement ''we can confirm that this account does not fall under the limitations Act 1980 etc.''

These are showing up daily, I would like to include your case for a mass complaint if I can.

• 1 month later...

If I have gotten this correct as I was trying to send via PM until I realised that all the instructions were for threads and not messages, so thanks for the help in that.

The two letters from Transcom as below and we have not heard anything since the 2nd letter no calls, messages or subsquent letters, all gone quite now for near 4 weeks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40184[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40185[/ATTACH]

get your cra file please!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...