CapQuest help :(

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Morning All,

I am brand new here so please be gentle with me :)

OK so basically I have started getting calls from 'crapquest' I had never even heard of them before last week. They state that they have sent me letter (I have received nothing in the post) and have told them I am not asking questions without knowing who they are, of course they say its a personal matter and I have to pass their test questions - I refused!

I believe this could be for an old debt from Lloyds which was for a personal loan from around 2002 ish - I look after disabled children and earn very little money but lost my job a little while after having the loan and Lloyds refused to help pay it even though I had PPI protection on it.

Anyway long story short its been with many different debt companies over the years and I have tried in vain to pay little bits off when I can - last payment was over a year ago and I have heard nothing until now.

The debt stands at over £23,000 most of which is interest and overdue chargers scares the hell out of me, I have no way of earning any more money as my industry never pays well :(

I need some advice on how to handle them peeps so any help would be amazing :-D

Lloyds have tried for years to do something about this debt and always just seem to sell it on to whoever wants it, as said I own nothing, no car, not even a TV & live in a 8x6 rented room so I have nothing to give them.

Hi and welcome to the CAG - first things first, was this Loan? and you said it had ppi that they refused to let you use towards this debt, so you need to clim that back.send a sar to lloyds and demand all statements and agreements for this account, when you get the info work out how much ppi you have paid and claim it back, the same goes for the charges etc.in the mentime write dont phone capquest and tell them that you dispute this alledged debt with lloyds for reasons that are none of their business and that until the dispute is settled you will not enter into any dialogue with them, and that they should return the accountnt from whence it camethe SAR costs £10 nd sent it recorded, they then have 40 days to provide the info

Yes, definitely.. plan of action.

Subject Access request to LTSB - this will cost you £10.00 and there is a draft letter in the CAG library.

They have 40 calendar days to comply. Once you have all your statements you can work out how much is made up of charges and the PPI.

PPI most important - you need to claim that back first. Charges 2nd.

Letter to CapQuest confirming there is a dispute with LTSB as advised above by PGH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hey peeps thanks for your advise - I in fact did a SARs abouts 3 years ago when Lloyds were giving me hassle and after that I didn't hear from them at all.

I still have all the paper work in storage so I can access that fairly easy - Lloyds really are a horrid bank to deal with but I will get on the case of claiming the charges back as I have just seen in the press another £1bn has been set aside for the PPI [problem].

I find it amazing that these companies try and get away with this :(

LOL - we are talking Banksters here

Well they will lose with me, I have nothing to give them and will not be bullied by them.

I often wonder if the loan is even enforceable as all they have done is sell it on every year to a new company who have no luck with me.....

Well they will lose with me, I have nothing to give them and will not be bullied by them.

I often wonder if the loan is even enforceable as all they have done is sell it on every year to a new company who have no luck with me.....

The thing to realise about these people is that they lie. One of their people, a most despicable, lying, money grabbing person by the name of Ann McShane, talked me.into handing over 130 quid, then asked for more. Only after that dud I realise that there was no debt due to CapQuest, and she had lied. Come on McShane, sue me for libel. You will lose. They had to write off the alleged debt, details of which I reported fully on this site. She even put in writing that when I was out of the country, working abroad. I was getting somebody in the UK to sign my letters and cheques, which was untrue. Basically, don't trust them. They lost out to me. If you deal with them, ask for Anne McShane. She is as intelligent as a dead sparrow, and will lie.

how old is this debt is it statute barred - if so they cant claim from you but you can still reclaim PPI

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.