Aldi parking is free what to do about a PCN from Parkingeye

corint

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi forumites

parked on Aldi for 2 1/2 hours and got a PCN from Parking Eye for £80, £40 if I PAY NOW.

I am not going to enter into any correspondence with them about the matter and I am not going to pay. Where do I STAND LEGALLY?

My defense would be that the parking charge is disproportionate to any actual loss to Aldi. Can anyone put my mind at ease that I am doing the right and proper action.

thanks for reading

Hi there. Welcome to NMAG/CAG.

There are two schools of thought to this. The majority simply ignore these tickets. Some write back asking for proof that the charge is proportionate - for the reasons you've pretty much given. The majority of people seem to go with option A.

Best wishes,

Seq.

hi Seq

getting pressure from my wife :mad2: to pay up and go quietly. She is convinced we will end up with CCJs against our name, debt collectors knocking on the door, credit record being affected.

Thw worst case scenario as far as I can imagine is me in a small claims court losing and being forced to pay the original fine, with no costs - is this correct?

No I don`t think that will happen! I had same pressure from wife but I was too angry till I found this forum,

I ignored, got the usual letters and it ended.

I think a little something has changed lately which is minor, hopefully someone will pop along soon and explain.

But don`t panic and pay till you read more.

You might also find this useful - and very up-to-date.

edit -not allowed sri - dx siteteam

ignore them!!!!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi Seq

getting pressure from my wife :mad2: to pay up and go quietly. She is convinced we will end up with CCJs against our name, debt collectors knocking on the door, credit record being affected.

Thw worst case scenario as far as I can imagine is me in a small claims court losing and being forced to pay the original fine, with no costs - is this correct?

The only way this could affect your credit rating is if it went to court (highly unlikely) the court awarded in the PPC favour (even more unlikely) and then you failed to pay any fine.

Debt collecters have no more power than any other person and cannot demand money from you or claim to be able to fine you, the DCA in these cases are nearly always the same company with a different name and desk further down with another muppet sat at it

The best advice is no action, just ignore and they will go away eventually, come back for a pep talk if the missus is beginning to get to you

The only way this could affect your credit rating is if it went to court (highly unlikely) the court awarded in the PPC favour (even more unlikely) and then you failed to pay any fine.

Debt collecters have no more power than any other person and cannot demand money from you or claim to be able to fine you, the DCA in these cases are nearly always the same company with a different name and desk further down with another muppet sat at it

The best advice is no action, just ignore and they will go away eventually, come back for a pep talk if the missus is beginning to get to you

It's not a fine.

In same situation with Aldi and Parking Eye - daughter paid first - only 1 hour - currently comlaied to Aldi - she got a second which we have not paid and wo'nt pay thanks to this and other sites. Just sent the second ticket to Aldi and told them to either get it cancelled or pay it themselves.

i hour with Aldis lack of checkout could be considered a way of generating tickets and income.

Don't worry and don't pay

hi Seq

getting pressure from my wife to pay up and go quietly. She is convinced we will end up with CCJs against our name, debt collectors knocking on the door, credit record being affected.

These vermin try to create a climate of fear. Well fear not ...

If I sent you a letter asking for £1000000 because I don`t like the colour of your shoes, would you pay?

Well I hope so! But would you? I could threaten you with balliffs and CCJ`s or I could even threaten to tell your mum!

I could even use RED ink on white paper!!! But that`s all it is. Just Rogue Traders.

Ignore and smile, my wife was the same.:lol:

Well, despite being an employee at Aldi, I've just received my second PCN from ParkingEye (both for £70). With the first one I sent them an email explaining the situation and told them that I'd happily provide my area manager's details as proof. I'm not even bothering to reply to the second one. The thing that made me laugh the most was that I was clocked going in at 5:39am (yes, over 2 hours before the store opens) and you can barely see the reg plate in the photograph! I then stayed there for over 6 hours. Ridiculous really, but having spoken to other deputy managers at work they said not to bother replying as private companies can't do anything, its not like a charge from a local authority.