Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • yes only court...   can I confirm this was settled via Barclaycard and chargeback as it was a debit card, rather than section 75 via a creditcard?  
    • Hi   Sorry for the delay in getting back to you don't worry we have not forgot you.   So they have destroyed ALL DATA personal to you as you did not take the Property. (really they have put there foot in it)   If they hold no personal data then they have NO evidence of what was agreed to with your Holding Deposit and the refusal to return it.   Now if it was me I would let them drop themselves in it even further by responding to there SAR response.   Thank you for your SAR Response dated XX/XX/2019   Due to this response I require clarification of the following:   1. Have you followed the Data Protection Act 2018 & General Data Protection Regulations on Destroying My Personal Data?   2. If you have Destroyed All My Personal Data then what documentation do you hold that I have signed/agreed to the Holding Deposit being Non-Refundable and to provide copies of this documentation.   3. I require a copy of your Policy on Holding Deposits   Please bear in mind the above is what I would do.   I do think it is looking like you may have to go down the court route (make sure and have a good read of that link I previously gave you to the Tenants Fee Act).
    • HI   Firstly the parking in front of your drive, do you have a pavement with a Drop Kerb in front of your property to access your driveway, if so are they infringing on the Drop Kerb? (note your can ask the council to to paint a white line with lines at the end on the road in front of the drop kerb please note there may be a cost from the council to do so)   As for the CCTV look at this ICO link: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/domestic-cctv-systems-guidance-for-people-using-cctv/   Due to the new DPA/GDPR if you have CCTV on your Property and it views outside of that Properties Bounderies they then need to register as a Data Controller with the ICO.   So I would make a Formal Complaint in writing to the Councils Data Controller, ICO (specifically asking if this individual is Registered with them as a Data Controller) & Police, you need to keep a good paper trail of this individuals actions.   I hope this individual knows the Law on Harassment as from your thread that is the impression I get is no matter what you do they will find something else to complaint about.  
    • Most guarantees are not transferable anyway to the new owner so why a solicitor should request it is pointless.The quotes should suffice to prove the work was carried out.   Andy
    • Apologies for the prolonged radio silence!   To cut a very long story short, I went back to Barclaycard (because I bought the car with my VISA card) and they offered to repair the car at a cost of £2500.   We accepted the offer because we were advised that even if we went to court and won the case, there was no guarantee that the dealer would give us our money back anyway or would end up paying us £10 a week for the next umpteen years.   The decision to have the car repaired was also made in the light of the fact that apart from the gearbox issue the rest of the car was in good nick. It is running fine after nearly 4 months now, so even if our friend gets a few more years out of it it will have been worth it.   Now that it is all settled I can reveal the name of the dealer - it was Thatcham Motor Company, in Thatcham, Berks. Very pleasant to deal with at first whilst everything was ok but boy oh boy, beware if anything goes wrong!   Similarly Momentum Warranties who provided the 6 months "warranty". On paper this warranty apparently covers practically every conceivable fault that the car might develop until you try to make a claim!   It seems that only if a component physically breaks that any cover is provided, otherwise they will hide behind the "fair wear and tear" get-out clause. Can an ECU unit be subject to wear and tear?   I would not touch either of these outfits again with the proverbial barge pole. Buyer beware!   One further thing I forgot to mention. We ran up considerable expenses trying to sort all the issues - the engineer's reports, travel costs etc.   Is it too late to try to claim these back from the dealer now? I just ran out of energy by the time Barclaycard agreed to pay for the repair but now the dust has settled I am up for it again!   Would this have to be done via the Small Claims Court?
  • Our picks


Help with Scott & Co please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2537 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi, I am stressing out trying to figure out how to deal with Scott and Co for Council Tax arrears.


A month or two ago they were at my door every few days trying to contact my mum.


After a few weeks, my mum asked me to call them and try so sort something out.


After calling the Sheriff Officer who left his card with me on his mobile.


He informed me that it was my next door neighbour he was looking for and not us after all.


He even came to my house to apologize in person.


Now yesterday (31.10.12) at 9am a Sheriff Officer knocks on my door and hands us a Summary Warrant for unpaid Council Tax for the last 10/11 years.


This is the first actual document received from them and it tells us we have 14 days to pay.


My mum lost her job and it took her 6 months to get employed again, we have fallen 6 months behind on rent, gas/electricity and are in arrears to Virgin Media for house services.


Add in current council tax, car insurance, home insurance, breakdown insurance and money needed to be paid to Freemans catalogue we are really short on money and struggle.


I am on Jobseekers and currently searching employment to help out.


I have printed out a Time to pay form as i seen on this forum.


After filling it in I have also printed the following letter and will add it in with the Time To Pay form.


I really could use some advice before sending it away as I struggle to sleep at night with worry they will get permission to enter our home and take our property.


Thanks a lot.


I am writing in reply to the Summary Warrant delivered on 31/10/12


I am writing to ask if it would be possable to start up repayments


at a rate of £20.00 a month until January 2013?


In January I will be able to double the payment and pay £40.00 a month.


I lost my job for 6 months and have found myself in 6 months arrears with my rent and gas / electricity.


I am also struggling to pay my car insurance whic h is vital as I need my car for work.


I am asking to reduce payment until January as my youngest son's birthday is the 16th December,

my grand-daughter's birthday is the 1st December, then i have Christmas.


I look forward to your reply,and will be able to make a payment


on the 9th November and every 4 weeks from then.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
I struggle to sleep at night with worry they will get permission to enter our home and take our property.




They have no legal right to force entry into your home without a court hearing granting an "Exceptional Attachment Order",

and you would be informed about this well before it happened which is very rare.


You say the Summary Warrant is the first documentation you have had from them,

the Council apply to the Sheriff Court for a Summary Warrant,

they will not inform you in advance,

it should state the amount due and who to contact to arrange to pay this.


You now have to make payments to the sheriff officers rather than the council.


The amount due will have increased as there is an automatic penalty of 10% when a summary warrant has been granted against you.


You should send the Time to pay order with a I & E and keep all contact with Scott & Co in writing.


Regarding your letter, I really don't think they care about your situation and will only look for any monies due to them be repaid.


When offering any sort of payments make sure you can afford this and stick to paying it.


I will ask another Mod IdaInFife to have a look at this thread and help.


Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

As Scott has said the court will not be interested in the add on life stories.


Have you complete the time to pay order and sent it?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.


Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have filled it in, asking to pay £20 per month, and in the attatched letter I have said I will double the payment in January when christmas and such is over and money is a little easier to manage. Is there anything else I can do? Thanks for your replies, it means a lot.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

we have fallen 6 months behind on rent, - priority debt

gas/electricity - priority debt

and are in arrears to Virgin Media for house services. - tell them you want to cancel - they reduce your bill.


Add in current council tax, - priority debt

car insurance,

home insurance,

breakdown insurance - not - priority debt

and money needed to be paid to Freemans catalogue - drop them to £1 PCM - get reclaiming PENALTY fees


we are really short on money and struggle.





please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.



Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

im sorry, but i dont understand what you meant with your reply, could you explain it a little please? thanks a lot!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi hulu,


dx100 is advising you to pay priority debts such as rent Gas and electricity and council tax,

cancel the payments to Virgin Media for house services and look at the possibility of cancelling Breakdown cover to save money as they are not priority.


You do need to pay car insurence to get you need the car for work.


i agree that Scott and co are not interested on your family birthdays etc, only on what you can pay them.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...