Re: Another motormile victim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I am new on here as i have just received a letter from Motormile Finance today, wanting payment of course and asking to me contact them before 5th November to discuss payment, otherwise:TRANSOM WORLDWIDE(UK) LIMITED MAY INSTRUCT THEIR SOLICITORS TO COMMENCE LEGAL ACTION AGAINST YOU.

A DEBT COLLECTOR MAY BE INSTRUCTED TO VISIT YOUR HOME AND COLLECT THE DEBT PERSONALLY.

mmm...it doesnt say what the debt is for and i have no idea what it could be. I did have a couple of debts over 10 years ago, but i believe that i paid them off. To be honest, i cant even remember. However, what should i do as it could also be a [problem]. Its very frightening to come home after a hard days work to see this. Do i just say "statue barred"? This is the first letter i have ever received. Please help as i want to sleep at night. I hate these people. Surely if you owe money why dont they tell you what it is for on the letter? :(

Hi Sherbert09, I have moved your post to a new thread, the letter you have received is designed to frighten you into paying, notice how it says 'may' do this and 'may' do that....if you want closure on this send the statute barred letter by recorded delivery but keep us posted in case you hear any more from them.

Hi Sherbert,

As 42man says, send the Statute Barred letter by recorded delivery, print off the track and trace and keep in a folder for future reference.

These letters at first are designed to look scary but in truth they are computer generated printed rubbish, exactly the same as the postman also pushing double glazing leaflets through your door with the only exception the letter is addressed to you personally.

The date to contact them by is purely to do just that, please ring our phone monkeys so they can lie, cheat, bully and intimidate you into a payment. NEVER ring a DCA, if they ring you, just say "in writing only" and hang up. Refuse to go through the security questions.

Break the letter down, have a look at the words MAY and IF, not WILL!

If anyone does turn up at your property (rare but has been known), they have no legal powers, ask them to leave, if they refuse, call the Police and they will remove them on your behalf.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Hi stigman

Well Thankyou so much for your reply I feel better, slightly. I have had a letter months ago from another company, same scenario and so I saw the CAB. They write a letter and didn't hear anymore, quoting statute barred.

If I send the letter, I'm not acknowledging the debt am I?

QUOTE=Stigman;4034775]Hi Sherbert,

As 42man says, send the Statute Barred letter by recorded delivery, print off the track and trace and keep in a folder for future reference.

These letters at first are designed to look scary but in truth they are computer generated printed rubbish, exactly the same as the postman also pushing double glazing leaflets through your door with the only exception the letter is addressed to you personally.

The date to contact them by is purely to do just that, please ring our phone monkeys so they can lie, cheat, bully and intimidate you into a payment. NEVER ring a DCA, if they ring you, just say "in writing only" and hang up. Refuse to go through the security questions.

Break the letter down, have a look at the words MAY and IF, not WILL!

If anyone does turn up at your property (rare but has been known), they have no legal powers, ask them to leave, if they refuse, call the Police and they will remove them on your behalf.

Stigman

Thankyou for your reply. I'm now trying to find a template on here to use. Honestly I'm not completely useless.

Hi Sherbert09, I have moved your post to a new thread, the letter you have received is designed to frighten you into paying, notice how it says 'may' do this and 'may' do that....if you want closure on this send the statute barred letter by recorded delivery but keep us posted in case you hear any more from them.

Hi Sherbert,

The Statute Barred Template is here... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?408-Letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred

I always start my statute Barred letters by saying the following... Please note that I do not acknowledge any debt to you or any Company that you claim to represent.

Stigman

• Haha 1

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Hi Everyone

well i sent my letter to Motormile Finance, well Transcom, who seem to be working with them. Used the template from the forum, sent by special delivery "signed for" and today i have received another letter from them. Partial settlement. They are now offering "25% discount from the balance". To be paid by 5th December. If i don't make this payment, their offer will become void, then the balance payable in full.

I don't owe these people money as far as i am aware and further more, i have stated to them the Statute barred and OFT etc.

Now shall i just ignore this letter? BTW, this letter did not sound as threatening as the initial letter. Funny isn't it.

Hi Everyone

well i sent my letter to Motormile Finance, well Transcom, who seem to be working with them. Used the template from the forum, sent by special delivery "signed for" and today i have received another letter from them. Partial settlement. They are now offering "25% discount from the balance". To be paid by 5th December. If i don't make this payment, their offer will become void, then the balance payable in full.

I don't owe these people money as far as i am aware and further more, i have stated to them the Statute barred and OFT etc.

Now shall i just ignore this letter? BTW, this letter did not sound as threatening as the initial letter. Funny isn't it.

I do love it when the cracks start to appear. :violin: