New Generation Parking Ticket for not displaying blue badge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Back in June 2012 my father, who is registered disabled, received a parking ticket through the post from the above company. This was the first he had heard of it and there was no yellow ticket left on car. I didnt reply and followed advice from here but did report them to a parking assciation whom I thought was a regulatory body - and received a very rude reply from them saying my father had better pay up or be taken to court. I didnt reply and havent heard anything about it since ..... until today when a notice for £100 now and threatening further action. My dad has recently come out of heart surgery (not an excuse or a sob story) and really is getting worried about this - any advice on what I should do?? Thanks

Hi Nat

with regards to the ticket you dont need to do anything what so ever, you can also ignore all future letters from so call debt collector and fake solicitors, even when they use lots of red ink

Could you copy and paste on to here what the BPA said to you please?, dont worry you wont get taken to court

As it was back in June and did not hear anything else from them I do not have the exact wording. I explained that my dad was indeed registered disabled and must have forgotten to put the badge up but that I was willing to send proof of badge etc etc. They told me very rudely that they had 'evidence' that a yellow ticket was indeed put on the car and that the badge was not displayed. I asked them for their 'evidence' and they emailed pics from NGP showing no badge but no yellow ticket stuck on car either (as it wasnt!) My dad is now wanting to pay this £100 to stop the stress but I am telling him not to still. Is there anyway I can report them for causing this stress to my ill dad when they have no legal right to? Thanks Nat

Was your dad parked on a private car park? The disabled bays on private car parks are just lines on the ground, the blue badge scheme only applies to council parking spaces. It may be bad manners to park in a disabled spot on a private car park without displaying a blue badge, but no law has been broken.

Why would you dad want to pay £100 just to stop a few harmless letters coming through the post

They wont take you to court

They wont and cant send anyone round. Its just like dealing with other junk mail. Ask him would he pay to stop other junk mail. What do you normally do with junk mail

you can find all the letters they send out on the money saving expert forum

When they cant and wont do anything the cant be any stress....

The new rules give the PPC the 'power to persue the registered keeper' if a speculative invoice containing unenforceable penalty clauses is unpaid. But it is still a speculative invoice containing unenforceable penalty clauses, no matter who is 'liable' for it.

The new law doesn't remove the previous hurdles for the PPC around contract law, penalty clauses, ownership of the land, ability to contract with motorists on land they have no interest in and an inability to proove what loss if any was suffered. It doesn't change anything as I see it.

Read VCS v Ibbotson and HMRC v VCS.

It might also be a good ides to complain to the retail park or the shops that you visited stating that you are totaly disgusted in the way that their agents are treating and harrassing your disabled dad!

hello all:-)

natalie000 - I had numerous threats from New Generation Parking for Parking in a car park at Talbot Green in South Wales, the last one telling me telling me 'court Action' was pending. In fact its apparently still pending - 5 years later !! Something tells me they've given up a long time ago ! - This company are the same as all the rest - spineless and toothless. I replied to their silly threats telling them where to go but I would now advise you to heed the advice on here and simply do nothing - Let your father know about this and assure him that nothing will happen if he doesn't pay and they will give up fairly quickly. I am also familiar with this car park at Cardiff Bay as I visit often and know that New Generation have given up with other people who've had tickets there.

Edited by sean the sheep
incorrect editing