You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• As a former NHS manager in a mental health trust... I agree 100% with the actions recommended by stu007.  And I would make especially clear in your letter(s) of complaint that you are extremely concerned about the whereabouts of any confidential letter that was intended to be sent to you in the handwritten envelope.  (Indeed, the fact that a handwritten envelope addressed to you was used would suggest to me that they definitely had something to send you.  It also sounds a bit odd to me that the envelope was handwritten).   As well as complaining in writing to them, I'd contact the clinical team by 'phone first thing on Monday, explain what's happened and tell them to ensure that any confidential information about you that has been sent to a third party must be recovered immediately, and you want confirmation of that.  Well that's what I'd do - see if others think it a good idea or not.  If that had happened at my trust, heads would roll.   There's another poster on these boards called "think about it".  They're involved (I think) in GP practice management and may have some comments too about patient confidentiality.   Oh - I think I would include a photocopy of the handwritten envelope in my complaint to the trust and the ICO.   (I've got to ask - can you say what trust it is?  Don't say if you don't want to.)   EDIT:  And well done for contacting the other person to tell them what's happened.  You did the right thing
    • Hey, thank you very much again for your replies!   - We go to the branches and ask for business accounts, but as I give them my personal name they register them as sole trader accounts in their systems, regardless of my company name being on the agreement.  Suspended our services for high volume messaging -- that is not explicitly covered in terms and conditions Send us letters referencing wrong terms and conditions that we did not sign Terminate the contract and come with a random balance number. We argue unsuccessfully, but they don't follow up with the requested deadlock letter. Pass our account to Lowell in 2017 I pick the account back up when I notice it is affecting my credit file in 2020 I work on the case for about three weeks and file a complaint with CISAS I give Lowell my contract and they see it is my company's name on it so they pass it back to Vodafone Vodafone wants to settle my account quoting they should not charge me anything on the first place and they offer £250 as a compensation for distress. I mistakenly accept the offer because of confusing wording and thinking that the third party adjudicator was already involved in the case, although they would basically get involved on the later stage.  I make a complaint as per CISAS and try to reverse the settlement in the system and have third party adjudicator having a proper look into my case and hopefully reward me a much fairer compensation for all the damages.    I have made a SAR request with both Vodafone and Lowell so far, but still waiting for the Vodafone to send it.    I am now waiting for CISAS to respond, but because I am still upset how much damage this has caused me I am considering taking them to small claims court.  For that I am researching what are the acts I would have to reference in that case.   Obviously Consumer Rights Act 2015 and then Data Protection Act 2018 and perhaps some acts regarding entering into contractual agreements -- can you help with that maybe?        My main concern at the moment is to how to express claims well in a legal language, because £250 they offered feels just patronizing given that there has been everything clearly written in black and white, yet I have had to go though this damaging and humiliating experience. 
    • Cooling off periods do not apply to faulty items. The cooling off period relates to a distance purchase of an item which is of satisfactory quality. Where an item is faulty then it become subject to the rules under the Consumer Rights Act
    • I understand the cooling off period for online purchases, but this is a little different due to the item being collected/paid in person.    A used item was recently sold by auction on eBay. The seller inspected, paid with cash and collected the item in person.    The buyer is now claiming the item to be faulty.    If this transaction was completely remote and the item posted, I would absolutely expect the buyer to be entitled to a refund.    But as the transaction happened in person would the point of the money changing hands be when the contract is made? Therefore not giving the buyer any cooling off period?   I think this is the key information; Used item Paid in person Working when collected Private sale   Thanks!
    • This article has some useful information on how things are working during the Covid crisis.   https://www.theguardian.com/money/2020/jun/06/a-guide-to-probate-everything-you-need-to-know   HB
  • Our picks

Minkymog

New PPI Claim Filed Against Sainsbury's Bank re Personal Loan

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2707 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello!

I wanted to start a new thread as I have just called Sainsbury's bank to file a claim re mis sold PPI and I'm nervous about making sure I do everything right.

I took the original loan out late 2004. I cannot remember exactly how much the loan was for (approx £9,000 I think), or even the length of the loan. I do however remember the exhorbitant interest rate of nearly 15% and the pushy sales woman suggesting I clearly didn't care about my family if I didn't buy the insurance policy!

Anyway, I do not have any paperwork for or other information about the loan so I'm hoping I will be able to make a claim. The guy on the phone seemed a bit vague about whether he found me on their system or not.

One thing that I'm worried may confuse the issue/claim is that a year after I took out the loan, I took out another loan with Sainsbury's bank to borrow a bit more money. They opened a new loan to pay off the old one and gave me the left over money - if that makes sense? So, am I claiming for one lot of mis sold PPI or two?

I actually closed the loan mid 2006 because I got a better deal elsewhere so it never ran its course anyway. I'm assuming this will affect the amount of refund (if any) that I am entitled to?

The guy I spoke to at Sainsbury's said I would receive a letter within 5 working days to confirm that they were 'investigating' my claim and that things should all be sorted one way or another within 8 weeks. I asked him to confirm that this was for both loans and he said yes.

I guess we'll see what the letter says when I receive it. Is there anything else I should be doing at this point do you think?

Sorry, I seem to have gone on a bit , but thanks in advance for any help/advice, it's very much appreciated.

Hi Minykmog, can't offer any advice as yet but about to start a PPI claim for OHwith Sainsburys which sounds very similar to your tale. She was told needed cover, think it was called Gold, took out another later. Like you have paid it off but now, in hardship as she can no longer work, we are lookin to claim.

Good luck, Intend

Have a read of No.1 in my signature. This should tell you all you need to know about single premium PPI on loans and give you an insight as to what happens when loans are refinanced.

As the loans are linked you have one claim.

Sainsbury's will probably send you a consumer questionnaire to complete and send back. You could short circuit this by getting it yourself from the fos website and submitting it to the lender.

If you haven't got the agreements and record of payments etc., you won't be able to work out whether any offer they do make you is correct.

If it were me I would SAR Sainsbury's. Template is in the library (top left in green). Add a line that says it is to include copies of all and any agreements you have ever had with them.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi Minykmog, can't offer any advice as yet but about to start a PPI claim for OHwith Sainsburys which sounds very similar to your tale. She was told needed cover, think it was called Gold, took out another later. Like you have paid it off but now, in hardship as she can no longer work, we are lookin to claim.

Good luck, Intend

Thanks very much Intend - let me know how you get on!

Thanks for the advice ims21 - I will go ahead and sort an SAR out to post next week. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to figure out how much I could claim, but as it was such a long time ago, I was expecting this to be the case so thanks for clarifying.

Minkymog - just done a search for Data Controller at Sainsburys's Bank and got this address - Sainsbury's Bank plc, 33 Holborn , London EC1N 2HT.

Hope this is of use, if anybody knows differently, please post up address.

Cheers

Intend

Fantastic Intend - Thanks very much for that, will get that sorted today then!

Well, I got my acknowledgement letter from Sainsbury's (RBS) today. For some reason they have decided that I am my husband. How did they even know what his name was? The loan was taken out in my name only!

Not the best start!

OK - SAR will be sent in the post today via Recorded Delivery. Fingers crossed.

Hi Minky - have you sent of the SAR. I did a SAR my for my wife and they have received it so clock is ticking. Interested to know how the telephone call went - wife is a bit nerous about calling to register her complaint in case she says the wrong thing.

Could you tell me know the things they asked and what you said. Could pm if you want

Cheers Intend

Hi Intend,

Yes, I sent the SAR and tracked it - it has been delivered although the cheque has not been cashed yet. As far as I am concerned, the 40 days are ticking away. I'm hoping to hear from them soon!

The phone call to Sainsbury's was a lot more straightforward than I had imagined it would be. Maybe I got lucky with the call handler, I can't be sure!

All he asked for was my name, date of birth, address, postcode, phone number etc to try and find me on their system. Then he asked for a loan account number (which I do not have) and then why I thought the policy has been mis-sold.

I said that the pressure put on me by the sales person was really very heavy handed, she suggested that I would not get the loan if I did not take out the policy, she made me believe that if I was lucky enough to get the loan, but did not take out the PPI then my rate would not be so good, but worst of all she suggested that I clearly did not care about my family if I did not take out the policy! This was over 8 years ago and I still remember the conversation very clearly!

Anyway, the guy I spoke to took all this down and advised that I would get a letter within 5 days to confirm my complaint had been lodged, he gave me a reference number and then advised that it should take no longer than 8 weeks for the whole process to take place. I did get my letter of confirmation within 5 days, but I have not heard from them since.

The phone call to them was really not that bad, I just told them what happened and how annoyed I was about it.

Hope this helps!

• Confused 1

Cheers Minkymog - very useful.

OK - So I received my SAR documents yesterday and I have no idea what I am looking at!

I have a lot of 'screen grabs' and then a lot of confusing pages of text.

Can anyone point me in the direction of anything I might be looking for please?

Glad you have good the info so soon - still waiting for mine but 40 not up yet. I have no experience of getting info from a SAR but am sure others who have will be along to advise

Would imagine you need to look for agreements which show PPI on them - copies of CCA if they have been sent. This would clearly state amount of PPI

Or I would look at first transaction on your accounts - if you know how much you borrowed you can work out the amount added for PPI. If you do not remember, like us, I worked out from a later loan that PPI amount was 22.58% on top of loan so you can work backwards to work out the split between loan and PPI.

Hope this helps - if mine arrives we could share experiences.

Good luck Intend

Minkymog - any update?? Have they upheld your claim based on your telephone call??

I have rec'd my SAR on time, and despite missing info mahaged to glean enough to work out claim using the spreadsheets from ims. Just about to write letter to them to reclaim a rather large amount.

Intend