Euro Car Parks Ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3482 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I went to Morissons supermarket this morning and could not find a space. Everywhere was taken up so I parked my car on the end of a row. There was no obstruction and I was literally 2 mins (I have a reciept to prove it) and when I came back I saw a parking ticket placed under my wiper and a slightly wet 'executive lolipop man' stood there with a smirk on his face. I took the ticket, walked up to him and said this is pointless, you have no power to enforce the ticket and threw it back at him, got in my car and drove off. A friend told me about the recent '1st October Freedom of information act' and I'm wondering if Euro Car Parks have any authority to up hold the charge.

A bit of knowledge would be appreciated and I do not have the ticket.

James.

*I forgot to add, the car park was free

+1 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Protection of Freedoms Act (POFA) essentially makes no difference. In order to enforce their speculative invoices a private parking company (PPC) would need to win at court whether they went after the driver - were they able to identify who that was - or whether they made use of the provisions of POFA and went after the registered keeper. Seeing as Euro Car Parks have never done court then anything they did in this direction would be a first.

Besides POFA there have been some notable cases this year and PPC's are well aware that unless they can demonstrate that they have a proprietary interest in the land they claim to be enforcing upon then any case they take to court is going to end up down the pan.

Sit back, put your feet up and treat yourself to a nice glass of wine/beer/ mug of tea/coffee or a fag (which ever is your poison of choice) and relax.

Correction, Euro have been to court once, but they lost spectacularly (from another forum,dated 10 October this year):-

"They took me to court for "£2,560", and yesterday, the judge quite correctly dismissed the case.

- No evidence of contract between Sainsburys and ECP

- No witness statement

- Nothing to show the claimant has the right to issue proceedings

- No proof of system of data collection, no evidence to show the cameras were working and that it's safe to rely on their evidence

- No proof of breach of contract

- No submission of of evidence of quantifiable losses, therefore their ludicrous "parking charge notices" are nothing more than unenforceable penalties"

Correction, Euro have been to court once, but they lost spectacularly (from another forum,dated 10 October this year):-

"They took me to court for "£2,560", and yesterday, the judge quite correctly dismissed the case.

- No witness statement

- No proof of system of data collection, no evidence to show the cameras were working and that it's safe to rely on their evidence

- No submission of of evidence of quantifiable losses, therefore their ludicrous "parking charge notices" are nothing more than unenforceable penalties"

That was a judgment brought about by a very good defence and I think a solicitor was responsible. Do you have a link to it?

- No witness statement

Thanks DBC. I'd missed that one. I was relying on personal knowledge and the FOI data for 2011. That'll teach me to rely on my memory.