Jump to content

Warrant of Entry - British Gas

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts


Thought this might be a good place to seek advice, I am trying to help a friend.


British gas have been granted a Warrant of Entry to fit a pre-payment meter.


We want to try and stop fitting of said meter as we believe we have a strong argument.


My friend was abroad when they were granted the warrant in the County Magistrates and hence was unable to attend the hearing to argue why the meter should not be fitted (various reasons, but main reason is because meter is outside and she is a disabled person living alone).


We rang the Court for some advice in hope there is a form to fill out, but no joy there.


Apparently (through information on the internet), you can appeal to the Crown/Magistrates but the only form I can find is:

Appeal Notice (Criminal Procedure Rules, rule 63.3) http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/criminal/docs/crim-pr-form-part63-appeal-notice.pdf


But then another website saying to use Form N244 - Application Notice of a request to a court to make an Order (But this seems to be for Civil matters i.e. used to set-aside CCJ's etc.


Bit of a nightmare really, not much help/info from anywhere, I just need to know how to stop this as I personally believe we can stop this, but it's just a case of following the correct procedure.


Thanks for any help

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would suggest at this late at this late stage that the occupier is present when the warrant officer visits and that she makes representations to him as a disabled person. He may then have to phone the supplier to get their final say so to fit meter or not. Meanwhile ,what arrangements is the person making to pay the bill as energy is not provided free of charge and bills must be paid.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...