• Tweets

• Hi and thanks It looks like they ticked all the boxes to me but I'll try and upload the notice. I was wondering if a witness to late delivery might be considered proof - I'm assuming they posted it as normal but Royal Mail stuffed up delivery. If not then they're really saying it just has to be posted within 12 days of the incident, regardless of when it is received. Annoying! edit ok thanks Honeybee here's my 2nd (actually 3rd) attempt at anonymising, copying and uploading the notice! Sorry about the state of it - I sat on it while distracted by my dog 🙃 pcn front.pdf pcn back page.pdf
    • ROFL - dont get upset just because someone (quite a lot of someones) dont want smart meters - well unless you get paid for it .. in which case ...   I assume you haven't been with Octopus long enough to be on one of the very long fixed price tariffs they offered before the prices went bonkers .. and that you dont use your electricity in the evening/lunch time if you think the 'agile type tariffs are good value .. let alone worth installing a smart meter for - high price a good disincentive for an evening cuppa eh? Let alone all your computer/tv etc time in the peak price evening or lunch time. - and boy do those peak prices instantly hammer your bill when those Russian and middle eastern issues kick off.   I would only have considered a smart meter if solar panels had been an option for me - but roof is oriented completely the wrong way. Oh - and My opinion hasn't changed since the smart meter trials 40 years ago, because neither have the issues (well not enough) but I'm happy for you. Be happy for me.
    • Hi. I'm afraid I've had to hide your post with the pdf files to keep this anonymous for you. You've left the PCN reference number and your car reg showing. Could you edit that and repost please? HB    
    • Well naturally if you want to maintain your outrage, and retain something to bitch about, then arguing about the level of your fixed monthly DD is the way to go. You are of course perfectly free to ignore the easy solution.
    • His financial situation isn’t great, and the landlord has made lots of things up. The things he’s put isn’t true at all. My friend did tell the full truth with incoming and outgoing, I helped him fill in his form and he checked bills etc. to make sure it was right. His wage is ok, but not as good as the landlord thinks it is,  and he doesn’t have anything spare. How much are they likely to take from him? Should he send any reply?  the letter just says to take the court letter with him. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Ive won *£6494.93* Ive won (LIP v Abbey)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

DLA (nor you) can produce anything in court that is "without prejudice" so don't worry about that.

Odd

Hi Odd Thanks.

What i meant was the letter in post 22 was written without putting "Without Prejudice" at the top.

Ill put the letter and pack together on the weekend.

Lets see what happens.....

LIP

ABBEY

DPALetter received by bank on 100406.

£10 Cheque cashed by shABBEY on 200406.

14 statements received between 8-10 0506.

40 day limit reached on 19/5/06.

LBA sent special delivery on 20/5/06

7 days up on the 270506 for the LBA

Prelim approach for repayment for an estimated amt sent. 14 days up on the 200606.

DPAorder for NON-Compliance served 220606. Expires 060706

Final LBA sent, 14 days will be up on the 060706.

Defence from shABBEY received for DPANon compliance 050706

Financial claim deemed served to shABBEY on the 220706

AQ for DPANon Compliance handed in to court on 24706

Defence and 50% offer for Financial claim received 140806

AQ for Financial Claim received 170806

AQ for finacial claim handed in 010906

Hearing 4 amended claim 270906

Fast track Allocation 270906

Disclosure ordered 191006

shabbey failed to disclose 191006

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Data Protection Act Non Compliance Claim

I tend to agree with Karne. See RobertTX's take on the WP issue too.

I feel that the issue is now not whether the claim is that Abbey's system is "relevant" or not. Your claim was for data that has now been supplied. Therefore the claim ought to revert to one of costs only.

You might like to consider a letter to DLA that's NOT WP (professional opinions on this please!). The letter might state that you are unhappy as you feel that a large legal operation is pressuring a lay individual into submission via threatening language and that you are happy to let a court decide the outcome of the action.

Hi ODD, i like that idea....was thinking of closing this Data Protection Act Non Compliance claim today as im extremely sickingly busy and thought is it worth it for £30. But you know what....in for a penny , in for a pound....im gonna keep at it. I guess if i were to stop it now id let the site down.;)

Are you a lawyer? Can a lay person be expected to know what 'without prejudice' means? I don't think so. The worst that will happen is that the judge disregards it.

:D :D

Did anyone think there was anything in my letter of post 222 that DLA could use against me? I sent it without putting "without Prejudice"at the top.

They said they have noted it.

LIP

ABBEY

Prelim approach for repayment for an estimated amt sent. 14 days up on the 200606.

Amended Financial Claim

So on Wednesday i will be going to the hearing for the amended claim even though shABBEY have said they agree and will not attend.

shABBEY have sent a letter to the court to let them know this too, but i still need an order from the judge.

WHAT SHOULD I TAKE WITH ME?

WHAT SHOULD I TAKE IN CASE THE JUDGE DECIDES TO MAKE A DECISION ON THE ALLOCATION TRACK THERE AND THEN?

Hope someone can help.

LIP:o

ABBEY

Just take copies of all the letters you've sent, plus all the documents you submitted to the court. Nothing substantive is going to happen, or Abbey would be attending.

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

OK thanks RobertXC.

Ill make a couple of copies too.

LIP

ABBEY

Amended Financial Claim

So im on my way to my 15 minute hearing about the amended claim.

I just photocopied all letters and info relevant to this. Im not taking everything.

Im a bit scared but hey ho

LIP

ABBEY

All my fingers are crossed for you - makes typing hell, btw. :-)

Keep us posted.

Abbey - Won DPA Claim - Aug 06 and got bailiffs in to recover my court costs of just £30.00

Abbey - Won Charges Refund of £1050 - Nov 06

Egg - Recovered £220 due to Customer Services misinformation - Feb 2007

Nat West - Prelinimary Letter to recover on Credit Card charges £30.00 sent March 2006. £25.40 offered - rejected and the bank reckons that this is it's last word on the matter. We'll see if that's still the case when it reads my N1 form sent recently. It has until the 17th April to respond or the N1 will be submitted.

Please check out my web site www.BankChargesScandal.co.uk for Research, Useful links and my story.

All my fingers are crossed for you - makes typing hell, btw. :-)

Keep us posted.

LOL Odd.

Amended Financial Claim

OMFG:o :o :o

Ive just been into my hearing for my amended claim.

It was like a mini-courtroom (Mini Judge Judy room). It wasnt informal at all. The judge sat high up and a court secretary/usher (or whatever) took notes. Other Solicitors and claimants that were due to have their hearings were all in the room sitting just behind me in a row.

I WANTED TO CRY!!!! It was very intimidating and i hadnt had a chance to have a familiarisation visit.

So i sat there like a PLUM. Gobsmacked!!

The judge read out what i was there for and said he had received a letter from Abbey saying they would not be attending.

(I nodded and whispered yes).

He then went on to say that he is allocating the case to the fast track as i have requested Standard disclosure and the sum is over £5000.

(I sat there there and said nothing)

He then said he would be sending me something, i really cant remember what and called the next case up.

OMFG OMFG

I SAID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

I am very upset and am sitting in a library using their PC and just want to cry....

Ill let you know what hes sending when i receive it. I just lost the plot and was totally intimidated. There were NO SMILES in there i can tell ya.

I wasnt sure when i could speak and before i knew it i had lost the opportunity.

(I guess all i wanted to say was that i wanted the case to remain in the small claims track and explain why).

So now this has been allocated to the fast track i am open to costs.

On my allocation questionnaire i wrote in the other information section:

I am respectfully requesting that my claim be allocated to the small claims track. This issue is not a complicated one; it is an issue of fact and not of law. The issue is only whether the money levied by the defendent in respect of its customers contractual breaches exceed their actual costs incurred. I am happy to pay their actual costs and i am suprised the defendent did not counter claim for these, because i would have paid them without argument.

However, the continuing problem is (in common with 100's of other cases currently being brought by other bank customers) that the banks refuse to reveal the details of their penalty- charging regime. As the banks have a ficuciary duty towards their customers, they have a duty to deal straightforwardly and in utmost good faith.

Accordingly, i would respectfully ask that the court in this case, not withstanding allocation to the small claims track, order standard disclosure. I understand that it is in the courts discretion to do so. I believe this would bring a rapid end to this litigation.

My case was at 2.00pm and we were called in at 2.20pm. Maybe that is why is was rushed.

Im annoyed at myself.

Does anyone have any comments? (you idiot etc...feel free).

LIP:oops:

ABBEY

i'm really sorry you had to go through that on your own,don't get down about it though,get angry.angry with the ****** bank that's ***** you barefaced for all this time.most important,get your own back,keep going,we're all with you,perhaps a buddy would help you.lolxx

Please dont use these words !!

Thanks Lesser.....im off to stuff my face with food (Chocolate) The guys in the chatroom did a fine job of cheering me up...Thanks "A Better Idea", "Smoorach", "Karn" and "Morgan".

LIP:rolleyes: The saga continues

ABBEY

Don't worry about it. Fast track is much worse for them than you, because they have to do full disclosure. Wait until you get the stuff from the court and we'll all help you with your next move.:)

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

Keep your chin up. I am sure that Abbey will not be happy with the outcome, so perhaps it will encourage them to pay up sooner rather than later. As Robert said we will all help you if you need it. At least if you had to go again you would have some idea what to expect.

B****r the chocolate, a good stiff drink will soon make things look rosier!

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi All

Thanks for all the messages.

Well i went to a pub after the library and had a rum and coke. Looked at the food menu then asked the barmaid "how big are your nibbles".

That was it, i was in hysterics for a good 15 minutes..belly laugh. Just what the doctor ordered.

Really thank you guys for your great messages of support.

From this experience today, (and i dont mean to be negative) but ive decided not to pursue the DPA Claim to reclaim the court costs. im not putting myself through that for £30. I want to focus all my energy on getting my main financial claim over with....:(

Im hoping that now this claim is in the fast track i can somehow slip £30 in as a cost in some way.

Lets wait and see what the judge actually said when i receive his order...lol.

Thanks again

LIP

ABBEY

Lip,

Shame you've decided to back down on the DPA claim. I fully respect the reasons and, naturally, it's your call. Be happy in the knowlegde that Abbey's defence has already cost considerably more than your £30.00 court fee. However, I really would hold off the final decision as long as you can to see what the ICO reports.

I haven't really been following your claim from the beginning and wasn't entirely aware that the claim was over £5k. I guess you ought to have figured that Fast Track was a possibility (or even) anyway, but the formalness of the court would throw many of us.

Believe me, Fast Track will put the wind up DLA/Abbey. It really has nowhere to hide now. I recall Seminole's £10k settlement offer came through quite quickly after his allocation hearing.

Don't worry - be happy.

Abbey - Won DPA Claim - Aug 06 and got bailiffs in to recover my court costs of just £30.00

Nat West - Prelinimary Letter to recover on Credit Card charges £30.00 sent March 2006. £25.40 offered - rejected and the bank reckons that this is it's last word on the matter. We'll see if that's still the case when it reads my N1 form sent recently. It has until the 17th April to respond or the N1 will be submitted.

Please check out my web site www.BankChargesScandal.co.uk for Research, Useful links and my story.

Hi All

Data Protection Act Non Compliance Claim

Letter from DLA

Yourself Vs grABBEY National

We refer to our letter of XXXXXXX.

Please confirm whether you are prepared to agree to settle the proceedings, on the basis of you withdrawing your claim, and there being no order as to costs.

If you are prepared to proceed on this basis, then please confirm that you have notified the court accordingly and have asked them to list the matter for a case management conference.

Yours Faithfully

DLA

Now i dont know why, but this has wound me up. I feel like im being bullied.

The standard order for stay for settlement with consent of all parties says

On or before 19th Sept one of the following steps must be taken:

Either

The claimant must notify the court that the whole of the claim has been settled

Or

The claimant or defendant must write to the court requesting an extension of the stay period, explaining the steps being taken towards settlement and identifying any mediator, expert, or other person helping with the process. The letter should confirm agreement of all the other parties.

Or

All the parties must file a completed allocation questionnaire at the court. Where a settlement of some of the issues in dispute has been reached, a list of those issues should be attached to the completed questionnaire. The list must be agreed with the other parties and must indicate that it has been agreed.

I know i said i wasnt going to pursue this but have i left it too late anyway to change my mind?

LIP

ABBEY

...oh one more thing how would i ask the court to join the too claims...could I?

LIP (Feeling all positive again!!):D

ABBEY

LIP

Not sure i know about amalgamating claims, are you asking if you can join the DPA claim and your charges claim?

IF so it may be possible to amend your claim for the fee, but im not sure.

THe main purpose of writng was to suggest if you have to go to court again, why not see if theres a buddy close by can go with?

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Not sure i know about amalgamating claims, are you asking if you can join the Data Protection Act claim and your charges claim?

Glenn

Thanks Glen. Yes i am, and im also asking if its too late t continue with it?

THe main purpose of writng was to suggest if you have to go to court again, why not see if theres a buddy close by can go with?Glenn

I really didnt think i needed a Buddy at this stage. It seemed quite straight forward to me.... Abbey were not turning up and had agreed to the change i made.

But if i can give anyone any advice it would be to visit the court first if youre feeling anxious. You have enough to worry about with presenting the case, without being thrown by suprises.

Also to sit in on others cases to get a feel for how to respond to the judge. My case was the first up so i couldnt learn by example there and then!!

i think it would help. I imagined that i would be sitting round a T shaped table the judge at one end and claimant and defendent either side of the long bit. i think its because i read this somewhere in one of the threads, so it threw me when it wasnt like that and so formal.

LIP

ABBEY

LIP

Well i would have thought a phoen call to the court to see if you can amend your claim and add the DPA element to it wouldt give you a clue.

Re attneidng court, I have been fortunate in attending court for work many times in the past, but still think it would be different under these circumstances, but it can only help.

Anywya dont underestuimate the support you could still get if somoene you know and trust sits next to you in court.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

LIP

Well i would have thought a phone call to the court to see if you can amend your claim and add the Data Protection Act element to it wouldt give you a clue.

Re attneidng court, I have been fortunate in attending court for work many times in the past, but still think it would be different under these circumstances, but it can only help.

Anywya dont underestuimate the support you could still get if somoene you know and trust sits next to you in court.

Glenn

Hi Glen

I agree with you totally. I felt like crap afterwards and had noone to lean on for support....found a library logged into the CAG chatroom and had instant support there. It would have been great if id had gone with someone...i did need it. but you live and you learn.

i only thought about joining the claims this eve....so i was gonna give the court a bell tomorrow. i hope it doesnt mean another hearing to agree the amendment. If so ill definitey let it gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. dont want to jeapodise my financial claim when it seems that i may have grabbed grABBEY's attention with Fast Track and standard disclosure.

Their letter today just made me think that they are such arrogant bullies.

ill let you know what they say.

Thanks

LIP:grin:

ABBEY

We should start a fast track thread for all of us bound for that route.

I feel left out with a mercantile thread and not a fast track one.

LOL knowing my luck the judge will say 'this claim isnt suitable for fast track, here cop a multi track allocation!!!'

Glenn

PS then it'll be me crapping it and wanting someone to hold my hand

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

Morning all,

So ive just rang the court and this is what im going to do:

Data Protection Act Non Compliance claim

I have to write in and let the court know what im going to do with this case. Ill be writing a letter to say that i will be continuing for costs. (DLA's letter yesturday made me change my mind...i wont be bullied)

Data Protection Act Non Compliance and Financial Claim

As the claim for Data Protection Act Non Compliance is now one of just costs (they provided all the necessary information) i am gonna write into the judge to ask if the 2 claims can be consoilidated and see what he says.

Any ideas of how to word this would be a great help!!

A few days of reflection have put me back on track....and in fighting spirit.;)

Lets hope he doesnt ask for a hearing to decide on that. Why should i be scared of a system that has been set up to let a normal individual (Semi normal lol)like me take on the big boys?

I will NOT be bullied into submission!!

Thanks

LIP

ABBEY

Good to see you have bounced back and ready to take them on.

How about something like "In order to save the court time and money on 2 separate cases, one of which is for a very small amount, I would appreciate your consideration of these cases being combined".

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Good to see you back!

Let's screw these buggers to the floor.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks