style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

I understand that you want to be careful to prevent people who are incensed from posting things that may bring the site into disrepute.

However, there are times when a certain word is the only one that can be used.

The online s-c-a-m where buyers (particularly from overseas and notably from one particular area in a vast continent) seek to defraud unsuspecting sellers is a s-c-a-m and there is no other word which really describes it.

That word is very necessary to get the message across to those who have no idea they are being s-c-a-m-m-e-d. To automatically over-write it with "scammed" makes a nonsense of the message.

The term 'defrauded' does not project the same essence.

Please will someone reconsider 'releasing' this word?

Appreciate what you are saying, but the fact is that when a Thread Title contains a word such as S-C-A-M alongside a company name - eg "Anyco Ltd are running a S-C-A-M", there could very easily be an actionable case for libel, and where thread titles now automatically go out into the Twitterverse as well, we have to be extremely careful what is and is not allowed.

Completely agree that there are many instances when the word (or certain others) might be appropriate, but CAG is an easy target for complaints and libel threats - to a large extent due to the many Caggers that the site has helped - and those companies who now find it a little harder to be unscrupulous would love to be given the ammunition to exact a little revenge!

• Haha 1

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

use the word 'questionable'

that way it neither gets you or the site that hosts you 'worries' into legal problems

even if it is true, its still libel until proven otherwise & that cost us money to bat-off

better we use that money to keep the site up

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry DX but the word 'questionable' is ridiculous.

There are known online s-c-a-m-s which have been going on for years. That is what they are. Whether by email, by fooling people via email, or by eBay or other such purchases.

There is no other word for it.

It is quite daft that people who are falling for such s-c-a-m-s cannot be directly warned on the forum.

no its not

you dont own the forum neither have to pay any legal costs

when people directly associate that word with a company

and they fire their legal bods at us.

its the way CAG works.

and

i point out part of the rules that you signed up for.

time to move on.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I stand corrected DX.

Indeed, I do not have to pay any legal costs.

Equally, I do not have to pay to support this site, which I have done a number of times in the past in my own small way, whenever I could afford it as I felt I should contribute. I can only assume from your comment that my contributions have not been worthy enough so are of no value and as such, a waste of effort.

So, if anyone is the subject of such activity in the course on on-line activity, we shall now say they are the victims of online questionables.

Got it, thank you.

or use the word 'spoof'

thats what we do as well as many other sites

dx

and they