LHA/DHSS and what im entitled to? Newbie

Saxonn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys im new to all this benefit talk so please bare with me.

My back story is im 24 years old, I have one daughter who I currently have on weekends only. I live with my mum and im on benefits (JSA).

Im wanting to move out however I don't want to live in shared accommodation or a bedsit. I live in Bradford and I want to live in a nicer part of town in preferrably a 1 bedroomed house. (2 would be nice but I can't see why they'd give me it in all honesty)

So 2 questions

1) What are my chances of getting a 1 bedroom house on LHA

2) My friend has a mortgage on her house and has said that I can move in, we aren't a couple. But would I be entitled to LHA to pay my rent to her?

Thanks!

Edited by honeybee13
Editing out potential for misunderstanding.

What about the friend with the mortgage?

You may have problems with it being considered a contrived tenancy - ie intended for the friend to get extra income via the housing benefit system.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Be prepared for them to poke their nose in though. You don't want to live in a shared house but don't mind sharing with this female? Just in case you are an item, & i'm not accusing, but be very careful. These benefit depts are managing to be one step ahead these days!

if you live in bradford, the maximum rate of hb (for a private let) would be £57.73 per week

i suspect you will have great difficulty in securing non-shared accommodation at £57.73 (or less) per week

if your rent is more than this, you would be expected to pay the difference

your friend may need to obtain permission from her mortgage lender to take in a lodger, she would also need to inform her home insurance provider

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.