Accepted offer of SAC but now being offered fixed penalty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a NIP dated 10/08/12 for doing 38 in a 30 in London on 31/07/12. I didn't respond within 28 days but did respond to the chaser they sent soon after. They offered me a speed awareness course and I posted back the form just two or three days later to say that I would take up the offer. That must have been about a month or so ago. A couple of days ago I received a Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty dated 24/10/12. They obviously haven't processed my response saying I'd take the SAC.

Any suggestions how I can get back on to the SAC? Who should I contact and how?

Thanks for any help,

Z

I imagine that you will have kept at least one of the letters from the Police about the offence. There will be a phone number to contact them. give them a call

and advise them that you had written in to confirm that you wanted the SAC and they should accept your wishes. Get them to confirm by email.

Unfortunately there's no telephone number, otherwise I would have called it ;) . They did send a faq explaining that they don't provide a telephone number, because a written response is required to the legal document (the Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty) I've been sent.

Of course I could write in, but they say written representations will be held on file pending any court hearing, which doesn't help.

Wondering if anyone is familiar with the situation and can advise whether I'm stuck with the fixed pen or have a way back to the SAC.

Thanks

Z