BankFodder BankFodder

leeseylee

DVLA court summons, another failure to notify change

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2775 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi was wondering if anyone can help,

I sold a car back in May, searched high and low but couldn't find the V5, the buyer bought it without for £50 less and said he would apply for a new one.

Few months have passed and now I have a court summons for failure to notify change of keeper, now I know they say ignorance is no excuse but I 100% genuinely had no idea that I had to tell them, I had a notification about 2 weeks after sale to say that someone had applied for a new v5 etc etc. So I assumed they knew.

So technically I am guilty, yes, I am unsure where to go from here, do I plead guilty out of court? Show up to court? Pay the fine? There is nothing on the summons to say I can settle out of court though.

Any help much appreciated!

I presume... you failed to post, or did you and they just never received it. Read slowly 5 times....Sank in yet ?

Expert on Parking matters, Banned by MSE ! along with other parking experts on orders of the BPA !

here to SAVE you money !