NHS waiting times

Sparks_
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is there any site that actually publishes waiting times? I have seen reports about national standerd and what to do if its broken, but I want to know just how long I am going to be kept waiting for an operation that my surgeon has classed as urgent, already waited 8 weeks now and still no sign of a date for the op.

Have tried phoning the surgeons secretary and she was most unhelpful, her words were 'you will just have to wait as he is very busy!', I mentioned i had already had my pre- op check and in another week it will have to be redone as it will be out of time, her answer was 'well we can sort that out later'

Yes, although the national rule (or maybe law now) is that you should not wait more than 18 weeks, it would be an idea for each hospital to publish a list of waiting times for selective procedures. As patients we could then shop around, although I would also like to know (from a source that I could trust) the hospital's reputation/success rate.

Try asking your GP, or contact the hospital dept concerned to see whether they can provide more precise information.

Freedom of information request to your nhs trust asking what the actual waiting time, not the target waiting time is for that type of operation in that particular Hospital is a way to try it. They have to answer in 20 days.

An 'easy' way for FOI request is to use

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/

Remember FOI requests have to be worded so it doesnt refer to an individual.

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't 'NHS Choices' mean that you can ask your GP whether you could get an earlier appointment at another hospital where there is less of a waiting time. I guess it comes down to whether you have the time and money to travel.