Wescott telephone/emails

samanfajx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Im new here an just wanted to explain my situation and get some advice.

I got a letter from Wescot a week ago saying I owe around £1000 ( i think its from Lloyds TSB)

I barely had time to read the letter and am now getting daily telephone calls from them.

When i answer it is one of those (very annoying) pre recorded messages asking me to call them, quoting refernce blah blah blah.

I emailed them on Friday morning explaining that I am unemployed and am currently seeking financial help by way of benefits

- anyone who is on benefits will know that this takes forever to get sorted.

So i asked them if they would kindly hold my account for 30 days to allow me time to sort this.

I also requested that they cease telephone communications with me,

as I do not wish to discuss the account via telephone and will only communicate with them via email or in writing.

They havent replied and I am still receiving the pre recorded messages.

Now, im just waiting for them to phone tomorrow

- if it happens to be a person on the end of the line and not a pre recorded message

I would like to say to them that I have emailed them, and to read that,

because I wont talk with them on the phone.

How can I say this without sounding like someone who doesnt know what theyre on about,

and being taken for a mug basically, with them laughing at me?

Thanks

S x

Two choices - either say three words - "In writing please" and put the phone down, or don't answer them on the phone period. Personally I prefer the latter, as Wescott will completely ignore you anyway, and speaking to them in any shape or form just encourages them.

If it's any comfort, Wescott do stop phoning you eventually...

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

As SW says - please just say "I wish to communicate in writing only" and hang up. Do this BEFORE you get in to security questions. If they are phishing on a debt then answering the security questions will give them your DOB, mother's maiden name etc - information that they may not have...

Do you know this debt is yours - or are you guessing? Have they included an account number that matches up?

Its hard not to pick up the phone to be honest, I live with my in-laws, so its their landline and we dont have caller id. Surely if i hang up them theyre just gonna call straight back?

This debt is mine, and I have no problem paying them back, but i barely have enough money for food, let alone paying them!

I just dont want to get into telephone discussions with them, because i get nervous.

This debt is mine, and I have no problem paying them back, but i barely have enough money for food, let alone paying them! Obviously i wouldnt get the chance to explain this over the phone, so i emailed them, but from what ive heard they never reply to emails anyway!

I just dont want to get into telephone discussions with them, because i get nervous.

Write to westcott stating" The telephone number you have been ringing xxxxxxxxx is not my phone number for which I do not have one any further complaints from the said owner will be notified to the Regulators under your Registration code xxxxxxxx. If you deem to wish to contact me do so in writing for the benefit of doubt in possible court of Law. or something similar by Recorded Delivery.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Per Cerberus' post.

You can leave the doorstep stuff in, but of they have not threatened then don't say they have. Just say you remove any license etc...

Include that the telephone number they have been calling (and quote that) must be removed under the Data Protection Act 1998.

what is the debt all about please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...