Barclays Claim-Received "I'm sorry" letter. What now?

lkjmn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6324 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is the reply I have drafted:

Thank you for your letter dated the 26 October 2006.

I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totalling £2,095.00.

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder.

I began court action for the full amount plus interest and costs on 27 October 2006, as I said I would in my previous letter.

So what do you think? okay to send? I think I may even use the freepost envelope that they provided.hee hee

Received my notice of issue from the court yesterday. Barclays have until 12/11/2006 to enter a defence. Suppose all I can do now is wait. One thing though. The Issue notice has come from Northampton county court. Does that mean that in the event of the case actually making it to court I would have to attend up in Northampton?

Another update. Popped home lunchtime because I forgot my mobile and there was a letter waiting for me. It read:

Thank you for your letter 30/10/2006

I am sorry you remain unhappy following our response to your complaint and note that whilst you are accepting the amount offered, you will be seeking the balance through the small claims court.

I confirm our offer, made as a gesture of goodwill, was in full settlement of your complaint. As such, I am unwilling to pay you the sum of £720 as an interim measure. I aknowledge that you require your claim to be settled in full. However, after careful consideration, I regret that I am not able to increase our offer.

Should you wish to accept our offer of £720, please sign and return the acceptance form enclosed with our letter dated 26/10/2006. If you do not wish to accept our offer in full and final settlement, it would appear we are unable to reach a mutually acceptable resolution.

I appreciate this is not the response you were hoping for but I trust I have fully explained the Bank's position.

Y/S

Kiran Rauli

Yet another new person dealing with my claim. Is he a new boy do you think?

Me unhappy? not as much as you guys when you get served. The paperwork should have arrived there this morning.Mwahahahah

• 2 weeks later...

Received Notice that aknowledgement of service has been filed. It's dated the 13th of November.Barclays intend to defend all of the claim. No surprise there. Has anyone heard of the banks sending in the aknowledgement and then not entering a defence? I've read elsewhere on the site that Barclays have a standard defence written up that they always enter, usually at the very last moment. So after the defence is entered, do i then wait for a court date? Or will judgement be passed on the defence they have entered at this point? I'm starting to get a little anxious about it all now. It's just, what if?.......know what I mean?

They will enter a Defence at the last minute. The defence will be standard IMO. When they enter a defence you will be sent an Allocation Questionare to fill in (so do they) to decide track and location this will 99.999% be your local court. Don't worry about it, your doing everything right:D I think you may have the date wrong, what date was the claim considered served (On the letter you got from the court)

Yep. You're right again. Date served is the 4/11/2006 so by my reckoning they should have to enter their defence by 2/12/2006. Ooh, that's really close. So assuming they enter the defence, I'll have to wait for a court date, which depends on how busy my local court is, correct? Although, I did read that a lot of the Bank charge cases in my area are being transferred to Cardiff rather than in the local court.

Yep. You're right again. Date served is the 4/11/2006 so by my reckoning they should have to enter their defence by 2/12/2006. Ooh, that's really close. So assuming they enter the defence, I'll have to wait for a court date, which depends on how busy my local court is, correct? Although, I did read that a lot of the Bank charge cases in my area are being transferred to Cardiff rather than in the local court.

After you've filled in your allocation - You'll wait a further month for Barclays to put thiers in (Its allowed and yes they are great:mad: ) It then depends on how busy your court is to respond. Many different things can then happen - I wouldn't like to speculate!

• 2 weeks later...

I would have thought they had until tomorrow, thus would need to have it in today with the weekend looming. If memory serves MCOL is 24hours behind so may show up tomorrow. I suppose you could try and hit default tomorrow - it won't let you do it if it is premature. If it does Barclays could still apply to have the judgement set-aside though.

Quick update. Just had a look on MCOL, it says that Barclays dispute the whole amount etc. and that the claim will be transferred to the appropriate court. Will let you know when I get my court date.