So sorry but need advice if possible

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3862 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes the tribunal said 8% interest from day to day on sum awarded for the time the award remains unpaid even part of the award, if it is so then i have a favourite son, i have been working it out as best as i can, ive done up to 35days so far, i realise that my son will have to pay tax on this but i just needed to be certain that i read everything correctly, guess it is off to the court tomorrow, thank you all so much for this info, im so pleased to have joined here x

Sorry thought she'd said 8% per day. It is rather more than I've ever heard but wouldn't that be nice!

It would be lovely, but the award would double every 2 weeks! :)

The other thing is interest only starts to accrue after 42 days, so you have a 104 day calculation rather than 156 days.

This calculator will help, I've already put the details in for you

[ATTACH]39632[/ATTACH]

the current end date is set as "today" (as opposed to an actual date like 26/11/2012) so it will amend each day until you input a physical date.

So compound interest to today the 26/11/2012 is £213.56 tomorrow will be £215.04 and so on

Edited by rdm2006
  • Haha 1

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

• 9 months later...

Hello everyone, im so lost, i thought i could work this on going thing out but im having a terrible problem now working out the interest of what to add onto the award, the time lapse is because my sons old boss has tried everything to slow things down, im unable to get the calculator up for some reason i feel so useless, and i do hope your maths is better than mine, i shall post all details here in hope someone is able to help me please,

sons awarded £6,884.00 on the 16th may 2012, i need to add interest of 8% daily to this till the full amount is paid, so now i have to add 16 months and 5 days of interest on this award, please could someone please help me to try and get the total amount so i can enforce this tomorrow please, im so sorry to ask this of you all as you have been so wonderful to me with your help, but im at my wits ends trying to work this out, thank you so much maz x

If you were owed £1,000:

• the annual statutory interest on this would be £80 (1,000 x 0.080 = £80)
  • divide £80 by 365 to get the daily interest: 21.9p a day (80 / 365 = 0.21.9)
  • after 50 days this would be £11.50 (50 x 0.21.9 = 10.95)

So

6884 + 8% = 7434 - 6884 = 550

550 / 365 = 1.50

1.50 * 480 days = 720.00

I would like someone to check that for me though please before you submit it.

Edited by Conniff
Amended to use proper days.

Hi maz1234,

If you were granted interest this would normally be from the date on which your son should have been paid, not from the date of the judgment (the judgment date would usually be a bit later). Just to check, are you sure the interest runs from 16 May or might it actually run from an earlier date?

And is the date 16 May 2012 or 2013?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The judgement date was the 16th may 2012 he was made unemployed on the 4th november 2011, the order just said award made on my sons behalf to the sum of £6, 884.00 and interest to be added @8% daily for all and some of award if unpaid till full payment is received. the judge at the time awarded my son redunacy pay and holiday pay and his wages etc that was owed to him, and thats how he came to the figure of £6,884.00. so it may be from the 4th november 2011 i did not realise this at all, x

Edited by Maz1234

Do you have the exact wording of the order to hand? Would be good if there is a basis for saying interest should run from 4 November 2011 rather than 16 May 2012.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

that interest of 8% daily is chargeable on the award all the time it remains unpaid,

Together with any further interest becoming due to any payment outstanding if only part of the award is paid.

The award was for unpaid wages inc overtime to my son, Holidays due, Redunancy he is entitled to, and the week in leiu he did, so i gather it would be from the 4th november 2011 till today? maz x

Edited by Maz1234

So sorry could someone confirm that with interest at the daily 8% the total amount for this award from the 4th november 2011 till todays date would be on the £6,884.00 a total of £7,904.76p? i do hope ive calculated this correct, thank you all so much maz x

Edited by Maz1234