Appealing against Adjudicaters decission

ikle pickle

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

I have been following a discussion on the board relating to the Ombudsman's at the FOS coming under fire, i to feel that something some were is not quite right with the investigations and responses received from Adjudicators at the fos and currently appealing a decision i wanted to ask for help in composing a final summary for the Ombudsman reference to, to see what response is received before going back to my MP if necessary

I say this openly as like many of you on here, i question the honesty of the investigations which are carried out at to raised a complaint against the lender Santander

Santander put our family threw hell if i am quite honest and we were set up from day one, Which given at the time santander were Abbey mortgages who during this period were issued with a warning from the FOS

However given that i struggle immensely to put details together for the complaint raised, given the adjudicators response to our complaint i have started to feel that possibly this may be a reason for the response that we received in the adjudicator final response not up holding my complaint and vote in favour of the lender.

However as frustrated as i was and still am, questioning whether there is actually any justice in this world, in have since appealed her decision for the Ombudsman to re look at our case. However having called today requesting more time to provide a response for the Ombudsman, i was advised that the person dealing with my complaint was on holiday, that person being the Adjudicator:???: especially given that i recently received a letter that my complaint will now be looked at by an Ombudsman

Just going back to the Adjudicators response, i have to say i am becoming more concerned that given that the Ombudsman's decision is final, if i don't send a summary very soon that is clear then more than likely will receive exactly the same response. My biggest problem is getting to the point and not giving loads of detail loosing the pot all together and boring the reader

Because i started to question myself with respect to my complaint i have following reading the thread i mentioned took my information to my MP who when looking over the response received, looking at the evidence which contradicts the adjudicators response, all though he did not say it in so many ways, he did say something some were is a miss especially given the fos are supposed to be highly experienced in such arrears.

My MP has written to the Ombudsman asking that the response to my complaint quotes him as well, i am not sure what difference this will make if any?

I would like to ask if some one on here can help me put a letter together for the Ombudsman and then perhaps if of interest i can keep you all posted on the response that is received . I honestly believe there is back handers going on, i could be wrong but given that the response received from the adjudicator is all in the favour for the lender and has missed out nearly all of our points given along with documentary evidence to support something some were is wrong and i don't no about you guys but i believe strongly in right and wrong and that if you speak the truth justce will prevail or couldn't i be further from the truth, surely there must be some honesty left.

Out of peoples experiences with the FOS, is there a right or wrong way to put your point across?

• 2 months later...

How did you get on dude, hope you came up with a letter,

I'm in the same boat as you, in a battle with Santander, went to FOS for redress- but now it seems I have to take these lying fools on as well,

Far from looking after consumer rights they seem to be a clearing house for bank complaints buying up complaints with punitive cash give aways never actully looking at real issues that are life changing,

it seems like the only way to get justice is to go to the court which i am exploring now but then again i'll have to deal with another bunch of thieves the Solicitors.. lord help me the world must be...........

How did you get on dude, hope you came up with a letter,

I'm in the same boat as you, in a battle with Santander, went to FOS for redress- but now it seems I have to take these lying fools on as well,

Far from looking after consumer rights they seem to be a clearing house for bank complaints buying up complaints with punitive cash give aways never actully looking at real issues that are life changing,

it seems like the only way to get justice is to go to the court which i am exploring now but then again i'll have to deal with another bunch of thieves the Solicitors.. lord help me the world must be...........

I am so sorry to hear that, but if I am completely honest i would not expect any different from this firm formally known as Abbey National Plc, 'Abbey' re branded to Santander in Jan 2010 .

Currently I am awaiting further investigation of my complaint by an Ombudsman, which I believe can take some time to be allocated. However I am still in the process of composing my report :( To be honest I am not hopeful of the Adjudicaters decision being overturned, but I am aware that should I not agree with the Ombudsman final decision I can then take my case to the courts. Evidently I hope I do not have to do this, but only time will tell.

I have raised subsequent complaints with the bank which having investigated this matter further has brought about information being received which suggests mortgage fraud. I totally respect any one who has had to go threw this horrific ordeal in what I believe is one huge cover up that I can assure you one way or another whilst I have my last breath I will fight this case to the end as what this firm is putting families threw is simply unjustifiable.

Well said,

Don't think we are the only ones in similar state but we can not give in to dispair and let them get away with it! especially these rotton bunch in Santander :mad2:

The road to getting any form of just settlement from any of these banks is long and hard for ordinary souls, some thing i am comming to terms with and trying my best to adjust my finiances so i can keep my head above water for a long war, I stupidly thought FOS would give me quick redress insted they have added to my problems, as for the MPs well, maybe my own prejudice but don't they have a cosy relationship with these thives setting up the systems in the firs place so they can't be touched.

Any how GOOD LUCK with it and let us know how you get on.:boxing:

Yes, you are right about lawyers. They will do everything they can to make as munch money as they can at your expense, and after a while you will realise they don't care about the outcome of your claim/case, just being paid. fyi the legal ombudsman makes the FOS look competent, fair and honest.

CAG should create a thread just for lawyers.

Concerning the FOS they should be disbanded, so people can take banks and insurance straight to the small claims (without lawyers) - this would make their mistakes more expensive, and thus encourage fairer and quicker resolution.

Ed

Edited by red-ed

• 2 weeks later...

Concerning the FOS they should be disbanded, so people can take banks and insurance straight to the small claims (without lawyers) - this would make their mistakes more expensive, and thus encourage fairer and quicker resolution.

Ed

ED is spot on, taking banks to court has to be simplified, the logistic of going to high court with lawyers runs in to thousands so if you don't get legal aid as most people you are left with out justice.

• 2 months later...

I have been appealing against an Adjudicators decision for over a year and to be honest you are banging your head against the preverbial brick wall.

It seems that the FOS can exempt themselves from their own processes and promises and regulations that they are allegedly bound by because.....they just can.

Their decision is final whether it is justified or not - whether it is legal or not and the only method of complaint you can raise after the final decision is raised is - did they file my paperwork in chronological order YES/ NO.

My advice to you is really look at what they have done. Request a copy of your file under the Data Protection Act 1998 and advise them it is becuase you believe they have not handled your case correctly. Go through it thoroughly - it will be huge. My complaint was against Lloyds TSB discriminating against me and Breach of Contract. Both incidents happened after 19th November 2011. I have just received my file and believe it or not there is NO evidence submitted by Lloyds that is dated after 9th November and yet the FOS dismissed my case. Lloyds wrote a letter containing a 19 word statement basically saying we do not believe we discriminated aginst Mrs A.... and that was it.

I have just raised a complaint with the Independant Assessor. Again she will claim that she can only look at the service that they provided but even she will be hard pushed to ignore the fact that there is NO evidence to support the FOS decision.

Then the next step is the chief ombudsman, MO then the Treasury. If all else fails the press are the last resort.P

It takes an age and its dreadful becuase through all of this your family are suffereing at the hands of incompetant and I have to say a service that abuses the power and autonomy it has. I keep thinking of that line from ET "You have absolute Power Yes".

Be prepared to get inundated with rubbish. Lloyds TSB sent over 300 pages of paperwork and 293 of these were copies of my statements that had no relevance to the laws they broke. Bear with it and slog it out - the more of us that are out there the harder it is for them to hide their collusion!!

Good luck

• 4 months later...

I feel your pain and will follow advice above, I hope you get a resolve. I wont be giving upo that easy either. Sorry to hijack thread but I dont know if my case has any relevance to yours and replies may even help (under nationwide_username deano01959)... Got my head in hands at the mo so apoligies in advance and if not appropriate admins please feel free to delete, its no problem.

Kind Regards

Dean