Crs £745

Nathyb89

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3495 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I took a gym membership out in around February or march this year. I paid every month by direct debit which was £17 for a 12 month contract. I moved house in June this year. I phoned feel good fitness and told them I had a we address and that was changed then I had to change my card details because I opened a new bank account that was fine.

I stopped using the gym about 2 weeks after moving home due to a promotion at work and not having the time to use the gym. I thought all was fine...

But today I receive a letter through the post from CRS saying I owe them £745.92 and they have added a £36 charge for tracing me?? Yet u already changed my address.

What do I do with this company? Do I phone them? Pay them? Ignore them?

Any response would be helpful.

Thanks

Nathy

Hi NathyB and welcome to CAG

1.When you gave the gym your new address, I assume it was your intention to continue m/ship and to use the facility but please confirm.

2. Have you continued to pay the £17 monthly or, if you cancelled the DD mandate, when was your last payment.

3. Can you confirm the month in which you joined.

4. Is your new address still within a reasonable distance of the gym.

5. Are Harlands the gym's admin company.

Lets say you joined in March, so you're due to pay until Feb 2013. And say you stopped paying in June 2012.

That's 8 months at £17 = £136 so that's the very most I reckon you could owe the gym.. Less if you paid beyond June 2012.

So how CRS get to a figure of £745 is a mystery to me. I assume they have added admin fees, search fees, etc, NONE of which are legally enforceable.

Give us some answers and we'll be able to advise further.

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi slick.

I joined in February and continued payment up until July. I changed address and was going to use the gym and the house I moved too was a bit closer to the gym than before.

Harlands are the admin group.

I don't know where to go from here. Do I ignore the letter and wait for the next one?

Thanks

:)

Hi Nathy,

They can "trace" you if they want, but they can't make you pay for it !! Nor can they force you to pay any of their admin fees which they have no doubt added. These charges are not legally enforceable.

The breakdown of their charges is really not relevant as anything in excess of the 12 contractually agreed monthly fees is not enforceable. However, you can ask for a breakdown, just out of interest.

When you made the last payment for the month of July 2012, did you :-

1. Inform the gym you would not be attending, or

2. Did you simply cancel the DD mandate but tell them nothing at the time.

You owe them whatever remains unpaid of the 12 months' fees which I make to be £102 (August 2012 to January 2013 inclusive), but no more than this. As for their tracing fee or any other

You can offer to pay this in due course but in the meantime, write to Harlands (same address as CRS) saying:-

Dear sir or madam,

Feel Good Fitness in [town or city]

I refer to your letter of xxdate demanding payment of £745 and assume you have me confused with another gym member as my contract is for £17 per month.

I have paid for 6 months and will consider paying the other 6 months (of this 12 month agreement) once you agree that, at the very most, I owe a further £102.

If you believe I owe more, please supply a detailed breakdown.

Send this to Harlands and let us know if it's option 1 or 2 above, or something else.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)