style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2494 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All,

My employer sponsored me for an educational programme and I have signed in a contract to repay all or part of these fees should I voluntarily leave the company.

The agreement says, if I leave in

2012 - Total payback on leaving £4850

2013 - Total payback on leaving £3210

2014 - Total payback on leaving £1570

2015 - Total payback on leaving £500

I have handed in my notice and leaving them by end of Nov 12. My employer says that I need to payback £4850 however my argument is that I have worked for 11 months in Y2012, so accordingly the payment has to be reduced on prorate basis. The agreement didn't specify any prorated deduction. It didn't taken into account of months worked within a year.

Do you think, I have some argument to put forward? Do you think that my employer is fair to me?

Looking forward to hear from you all.

Thanks for reading my post.

Regards,

Baskey

It does look like you owe £4,850 as the agreement doesn't provide for pro rata clawback. I'm not sure that you can get out of it, I'm afraid, although I do see your argument.