• Tweets

• Hi all,   In massive need of your advice!!   Got a finance agreement with MoneyBarn in September of last year (2018). Made regular payments until I had financial difficulties. My last payment to MoneyBarn was April 2019. I since then, did not make payments to them. I did make contact with them and said that the arrears would be cleared as soon as I had sold my property, as I was moving in with my partner instead.   They then filed a default against me. (Although I found this out later on) Unfortunately, I then went through a tough period in my life, in which suffered badly with depression and anxiety. I did inform them of this.   Once the property was sold, I contact them to ask for a breakdown of options and what I could do. I did not receive this. Instead, I had a lovely gentleman turn up at my door saying he has a repossession order and has come to take the car. This was the first time I had heard of this, I wasn’t notified of any defaults prior to this (relating to when I previously mentioned “found out later on) or the termination of the contract.   I have since returned the vehicle after they told me I could not pay the arrears and/or pay 50% of the term and do VT? I have also been told I cannot reinstate my contact.   I have told them about the mental issues I had, and said that I did not appreciate a guy turning up when I have my children and demanding the car. Their reply was “we informed you of the termination and repossession” to which I said “no you didn’t”.   They argue that they sent it to my old address (despite me informing them of the new one) and I even asked the question of “how did the debt management agency know where to go then?” As they then informed me that they didn’t have my new address on file?   I appreciate I owe them money, however, I did say that the amount they are asking for is unrealistic and that I will happily contest in court.    Any my advice will help!!! 
    • Hello DX100UK and all observers. I am delighted to announce I have had no further communication from Shoosmiths Todays date is 20th August 2019  That is the 20 year anniversary of the original decree granted at the Scottish sheriff Court on 20th August 1999 The 20 year prescriptive period should kick into force. Celebrate   Would any further letters now constitute harrassment ?  or does the debt technically still stand but just not enforcable ? They cant seek a new decree ?    
    • Now some at this stage might think I'm leading to doggerland as the site of Atlantis   https://www.winterwatch.net/2019/01/did-the-inspiration-for-atlantis-flood-and-ark-legends-stem-from-paleo-doggerland/           but for a number of reasons, I'm not ... although I think it is a part of the larger story,   Its a little late. I believe the final inundation of doggerland is part of the later Biblical flood and related myths. (Black Sea, Arabian Gulf, West coast of India etc) ... but worthy of mention is that it could effectively make up one of three 'larger' islands as detailed in the legends far better than the Azores does. ... and mammoths/elephants crossed that bridge - although carefully check the dates of those mammoth/elephant migration evidence. They seem to end 11000bp.           http://www.bbc.co.uk/earth/story/20150722-lost-beasts-of-the-ice-age   http://www.canada.com/technology/Massive+Canadian+melt+have+triggered+flood+biblical+proportions/3954124/story.html   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outburst_flood   http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/flood-myths.html#Sproul    
    • Hi.   Someone reported that your pg1 still had the reg number showing, so I've removed it and left pg2.   HB
  • Our picks

speedfreek

ESA WRAG notes on gov.uk

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2486 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

We'll who would have believed it? Just looking for ESA 2012 rates when I came across this little gem on the new government portal website.

https://www.gov.uk/employment-support-allowance/what-youll-get

Work-related support and interviews

After 13 weeks of ESA you’ll be put into a group.

In the Work-Related Activity Group - you’ll be expected to look for work and go to regular interviews with an adviser. The adviser can help with things like job goals, improving your skills, work-related issues. Your ESA may stop if you don’t take part in these interviews. Contribution-based ESA lasts 1 year if you’re put into the Work-Related Activity Group.

Now I know the DWP and ministers want it to be JSA light but as far as I'm aware preparation and looking for are two separate and fundamentally different things?

You can complain highlight errors on the site by going to the home page, scroll down and select contact us.

Thanks for this

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

If my advice has been helpful, please show your gratitude by taking a moment to click on the star icon on the bottom strip of my post

:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

download the CAG toolbar

:Eligibility for Employment n Support Allowance:

Assuming I haven't missed some new legislation, Part 3 of the notes is err ......

It suggests that anyone with savings of more than £16,000 is ineligible for the contribution based flavour of employment n support allowance. So far as I know, savings (apart from any income derived from them) are irrelevant to contribution based benefits.

Margaret.

contribution based flavour ESA tastes like chocolate in the support group, but baked beans (yuck) in WRAG.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Mmmmmm my Money Saving Expert thread has been demoted and moved to Discussion time :lol:

Consumer champions my :madgrin: So rather terse report saying they should pull their finger out has been sent :wink:

Also submitted this as a news article on the site which can not be named :???: TNK :D

Not sure what estellyns' been taking but that's as coherent as the advice on gov.uk you lookin for a job? :!:

Not sure what estellyns' been taking but that's as coherent as the advice on gov.uk you lookin for a job? :!:

:lol: I was referring to margaret talking about 'flavours' of ESA, and was colourfully trying to make the point that contribution based ESA has two flavours - a nice one if you're in the support group, and a nasty cheap one if in wRAG and fall foul of the 365 day time limit.

Maybe its the opiates getting to me. :madgrin:

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

once contribution benefits are completely scrapped (I think is the end game) then there will be a bigger driving force around saying welfare is just handouts not social security.

GOV.UK

Work n Pensions appear to have been doing some homework.

Still lacking in detail but, so far as I can see, what they've now written about employment n support allowance is correct.

How'd they get their first attempt so wrong :?::?::?:.

A very :suspicious: Margaret.

Who's so entitled to chocolate but'll probably have to put up with baked beans, or worse!

Edited by **Margaret**