Halifax, Blair Oliver Scott & Robinson Way

gibbyni
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just need a bit of advice, I have a debt (originaly IF) that I was payin through Blair Oliver Scott. I have been paying for around 5 years through Payplan, on some of their letters at the start of the year I noticed they had my balance around £400 more than mine and this was the figure payplan were using. they said the had to go by what Blair Oliver was telling them.

Anyway acording to my figures im all clear, I sent Blair Oliver a letter saying Account in Dispute and asking for a statement as the figures dont match up. This was May of this year, and I heard nothing at all, not even chasing letters due to the payments stoping.

Today I got a letter from Halifax saying Robinson Way are now going to be dealing with it, so I will be expecting a few letters from them shortly.

So I just need to know what should I do from here, contact Halifax again or wait and contact Robinson Way? I had always thought your account couldnt be passed on when it was in dispute?

Hope someone can help.

You don't have to do anything, it is up to them to show the amount outstanding is correct.

I bet there are charges etc you can claim back and what about ppi, have you checked on that?

H BOS RW it sounds like the 3 stooges.

The account should not have been assigned whilst in dispute, but Halifax are a law unto themselves.

IMHO, I would send a SAR to Halifax immediately, before they start shredding any paperwork. When Robinson Way contact you, you should send a letter to their Head / Registered office straight away confirming that the account has an unresolved dispute outstanding.

You should also send a CCA request to Robinson way when they contact you.

Are there any charges that could be reclaimed from the acount ?

Why do you believe the balance outstanding is incorrect ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I didnt think they were allowd to so should be interesting, I will send off a SAR to Halifax next week and see whats happens.

As for how I know its £400 more, I have kept a full record of payments to payplan and their payments to BOS, I also had the balance confirmed about 2 years back during a telephone call, again I have note of this. So I should be able to prove all my payments to them over the years. I dont want to do this however untill i see what info they held on me. I have 2 other accounts with BOS and they are all spot on.

I have checked all my PPI stuff and never had it and I also CCA'd all my creditors a few years back ang got 2 off my back but the others all came through with the agreements.

On a lighter note im only 2 months away from being debt free :) I have been with payplen since Sept 2007 and im down to about £800 from an inital balance of £54,000 :) so if people are thinking to themselves I will never get out of this just stick at it !!!! it will happen. Payplan have been very good with very little problems along the way.

So this Robinson way is more an inconvienence than anything else but I just want it all cleared to start repairing my credit file.

On a lighter note im only 2 months away from being debt free smile.png I have been with payplen since Sept 2007 and im down to about £800 from an inital balance of £54,000 smile.png so if people are thinking to themselves I will never get out of this just stick at it !!!! it will happen. Payplan have been very good with very little problems along the way.

So this Robinson way is more an inconvienence than anything else but I just want it all cleared to start repairing my credit file.

This is very encouraging and you should be well proud of your achieving this.

In the circumstances, it would be very unfair if through poor administration, HBoS and their sidekicks BOS, have caused a hiccup in your planning.

Yes, a SAR sounds like a good plan, they should still have everything back to 2007, so you should be able to see if anything has gone astray..

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D