Another TalkTalk Broadband & Phone Problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Four weeks ago I signed up to talk talk essentials for broadband and phone.

I got notification through the post that my "live date" would be 23rd October 2012.

The engineer turned up at 3.30pm and at 5.45pm told me that the job would not be completed that day because he could not find the line.

The next morning I was woken at 8.30am by an engineer telling me that my phone line was now active.

Great!!.....Or at least I thought!!

On plugging in my new phone I heard the tone so obviously thought the line was active.

I set up my router as per instructions and thought that was that.

I couldn't get connected to the internet nor phone calls.

At 8.00pm this evening (24th Oct), someone from talk talk phoned me to tell me that an engineer would be out to install my new phone line!!..

..I told him that an engineer had already been and installed a new line.

The talktalk guy then said that there had been a problem and the engineer would be out on the 19th November 2012!!

Now surely this is a breach of contract right?

Am I within my rights to now cancel the contract because they have not provided what they said they would within the time they said they would.

I just think that if this has happened already,

what is further down the line??

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Drop a line to the CEO himself so he is made aware of this. Make it in the form of a complaint. - [email protected]

They might be out tomorrow

I've edited the subject heading so it shows higher up on a google search.

If they've not installed it yet, you should be free to exit... Also they are putting line rental up anyway, so people within their minimum term can cancel... expect a cue on the phone :p

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I have tried it again this morning but nothing. The funny thing is, although I could not be connected to talktalk via a phone call, I am able to make a phone call to elsewhere??...

Thanks for your help guys

Edited by Marco73
If they've not installed it yet, you should be free to exit... Also they are putting line rental up anyway, so people within their minimum term can cancel... expect a cue on the phone :p

The engineer installed a new line and the morning after a different engineer told me the line was active. I have tried it again this morning but nothing. The funny thing is, although I could not be connected to talktalk via a phone call, I am able to make a phone call to elsewhere??...

Try their "members forum". http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/index.php or email the CEO [email protected]

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar