Car insurance cancelled for failed NCD upload

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After very carefully shopping around to find the cheapest deal to insure my car, I bought a policy with Quotemehappy.com on 30th September. On Monday 1st October I purchase my new car, however I still needed to sell my old car. I am disabled and due to illness this took longer than anticipated. I explained this to Quotemehappy.com and arranged for an extension to send in my proof of No Claims' Discount, which was granted until 22nd October.

On 19th October, I sold my old car and phoned Admiral (my previous insurers) to cancel my policy and request that my confirmation be sent out.

As this was going to take a few days, I asked if this letter could be attached to an e-mail and sent to me, so that I could upload it on the Quotemehappy website. The staff member said this was fine, however the e-mail I received was not what I had asked for, although it did confirm the necessary details. (Upon my third phone call to Admiral, I was informed that it was not possible for them to attach a copy of the posted letter of confirmation and I would have to wait for the hard copy to arrive).

I went ahead and uploaded the proof to the QMH website, however after several attempts it did not seem to be going through as I was being returned to the same page and no confirmation was given or e-mail received (after some time). Thus, I e-mailed QMH to inform them of this issue and forwarded them the confirmation e-mail from Admiral, adding that I could scan in and forward the letter once I had received it via the post. As their system says, replies to e-mailed correspondence takes a few working days, so I didn't take any further action.

Today, 24th October, I received a text and e-mail from QMH to say that my policy has been cancelled. Due to the company being online only, I cannot call to speak to anyone about this. I am very annoyed and worried as I am disabled and dependent on my car for mobility. I cannot risk being uninsured, yet I feel I have done

everything I can to fulfill with the necessary procedures and have been penalised for a system error which was not my fault.

Please advise...

Thanks, obviously I am thinking I will have to do that & have started shopping around again. But that doesn't help in 2 respects:

1) The administrative/system error is not my fault, yet even if I get refunded, I've been charged £53 cancellation fee for the hassle

2) I'd saved up & paid the policy in full to keep costs down. I just don't have another £450 to buy a new, and far as I'm concerned, completely unnecessary 2nd policy.

Thanks, obviously I am thinking I will have to do that & have started shopping around again. But that doesn't help in 2 respects:

1) The administrative/system error is not my fault, yet even if I get refunded, I've been charged £53 cancellation fee for the hassle

2) I'd saved up & paid the policy in full to keep costs down. I just don't have another £450 to buy a new, and far as I'm concerned, completely unnecessary 2nd policy.

I would double check the terms re cancellation. If you cancel a fee may apply but if they cancel it should not apply unless its because you failed to disclose something.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS