Car Craft - Issues + No MOT on test drive

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I'm sure that there will be people on here that have had issues with Car Craft and I would appreciate assistance from your wonderful people, plus those who know all the legal things.

Ok, so I purchased a vehicle in March 2012 and took out their 'Drive Happy' warranty that covers servicing, MOT, electrical faults etc.

As part of this agreement I am expected to get the car serviced within the first 6 months or first 6000 miles, whichever comes first........no problem.......Until you try and book said service.

So at the beginning of August I contacted your Enfield Service Department to book my car in for its first service, explaining to the staff member that I had purchased the vehicle in March and was approaching the 6 month time limit.

I was told that this could not be done before mid September. I was also informed at this point, that as this date would fall outside of my 6 month period and that this would invalidate my 'Drive Happy' warranty.....best bit, I would now have to pay a re-validation fee for the 'Drive Happy' package to continue.....how is this my fault that the service centre can't fit me in until after my 6 months is up??

Having had issues trying to get through to someone 'human' and not a recorded message, plus an e-mail that was never replied to, I managed to speak to a human at their customer service department who said that if my phone call hadn't been logged onto the system then I couldn't have called!

Nosing through my service book and additional MOT certificates that came with my package I have now discovered that when I went out on the test drive of my vehicle on a PUBLIC ROAD, that there was NO VALID MOT on it!!!

I've checked the government MOT history checker, I then found that there hadn't been an MOT on the vehicle for some time!

I know this is illegal and is not covered by trade plates being displayed (none were displayed anyway)

Does anyone have any advice with regards to the two points?

Thank you in advance for any comments

Sorry loopylad I was thinking of new car warranty which is covered under EU regulations.

I don't know what warranty you have, but you have been ripped off. There is one get out clause in them all and that is 'fair wear and tear' and you will find when something goes wrong it will come under this. It's thousands to one that if it should be covered, your portion to pay will be much bigger than the warranty will pay.

Have a good read of the warranty terms and conditions and if you could scan them, I would love a copy.

If they insist on the service being done in that time but cannot accommodate you, then you should see the service manager and get an exception to extend the length before service or demand your premium back.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15655665

Edited by Conniff

Not the MoT, you didn't get caught on the road so can just forget that. As long as it has an Mot when your picked it up, any anpr it might have been caught in would show a date before you purchased it.

You can complain to CC but they have cloth ears and wont give a damn.