Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3049 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I received a letter regarding my ppi complaint today upholding my claim for ppi.

From the first letter I sent on the 5th of July 2012.

I received a reply on the 24th of July stating that they needed 8 - 10 weeks to investigate my claim,

then after the initial 10 weeks I received another letter stating that they would require another 4 weeks to still investigate,

the 4 weeks passed and I still hadn't heard anything from them

I decided to phone them and they told me a letter had been sent to me on the 18th of October which I received today (24th of October),

I will receive a cheque from them within 21 days,

I was just wondering if they do take the full 21 days to send me the cheque or are they quicker.

It is well worth sending off a letter,

I wasn't expecting to get anything from them, so I am really pleased,

I will pay off all my debts and definitely not get any more credit cards!!

i hope you know what you shouyld have gotten back?

did you do a spreadsheet

they are well known for short changing people

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Totally agree with DX on this one.

Just been short changed myself by cap1. Have a close look at over limit charges and your contractual interest rates. (Charges because of an inflated balance and interest accruing on premiums and charges should be removed from the reconstituted balance)

You need a SAR then ask them for a detailed breakdown of your refund. Not just the X Y and Z of what they are paying you. Ask them how they got to X Y and Z.

My claim is 2/3rds less than it should be because of the two points above.

Think consumers have been too focussed on the miss-sell aspect and havnt thought that beyond that point they still need to be keeping an eye on the claim. Suppose the sight of a big cheque blinds people to the fact said cheque should actually be bigger.

Edited by dx100uk
careful - dx