J-Deezy

Lease extension and average ground rent on a lease hold flat

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2450 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All,

I am about to start the process of extending the lease on my flat (currently at 73 years). I am not sure whether to go down ther formal or informal route yet. Is there a difference in cost? If the cost is the same I think the formal route would be best as I get a longer lease and peppercorn ground rent.

I don't have the valuation to extend the lease yet but I have made an inital enquiry and the Freeholder/landlord has recoommended extending to 99 years with a £250 a year ground rent. Is £250 a reasonable and standard ground rent for a converted 1 bed flat in Brighton? I have heard conflicting opinions from local extate agents. Some say £150 is more accurate.

Any advice on the formal or informal route costs and ground rent would be very welcome. The Lease advisory service were a bit vague.

Thanks

Jay

Hello and Welcome,

I've moved this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi there.

Im quite aquainted with Landlord & Tenant law but alas not really lease extensions. Perhaps try visiting LandlordZone forums which has many members more knowledagble in such things) or find a local solicitor/surveyor/expert in such matters (the Lease site has a list i believe).

Andy

• Haha 1