PPI claims - confused - where to start

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3500 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks

Please don't hammer me for not reading the forums. I have! - just finding it a confusing mass of information, really need to find guidance on the first steps. I've read a lot about what PPI is, SAR letters, and the letters to make the claim. Read lots of peoples experiences etc.

What i am not sure about is the first steps i should take - i have no idea whether i have a claim or not. Should i ring up all my previous lenders and ask if i had a policy?

Should i do a SAR to literally every lender (cc's, personal loans, mortgages) - to get the info first? that's a £10 x ? - maybe £80 or more, which i don't have to risk if i don't even know if i have a case.

Was seriously tempted to use a firm to chase the PPI claim, because i know a few people who got money that way - but got seriously put off by some posts on here (sounds like the PPI claim companies are as bad as the banks).

If probably got myself confused reading too much on here and am suffering a bit of information overload paralysis . If you know what i mean.:???:

Basically - any advice or links to a page i may have missed, showing how a complete 'PPI virgin' should start off - would be most welcome.

Regards

AJW

First you have you had any loans or credit cards?

Second was there any insurance on them ?

Third do you have all the statements for any loan or credit cards?

If not then you send a subject access request (£10) to each of those you have had a loan from and see if you have been paying insurance.

If yes, then you tote it all up, add 8% interest and claim.

Any insurance must be either not know about or not elidgeable to claim on to be claimed back.

CMC do nothing nor have any special powers compared to you.

how old are these accounts

if they are still active or within 6yrs

and you do not hold a copy of the agreement

then you can CCA them for £1

that will show if ppi was charged.

i'd list the accounts you think have PPI with dates

and let ushave a look.

surely you must have SOME statements etc yiou cant have didtched everything.

its easy really!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi AJW,

It can be very daunting when you first start to do this but you can get plenty of advice on here.

Best way to start is one step at a time and deal with just one claim at first. That way, you will contol the expense to a managable level. (Just one £10 for the SAR and not 8).

Pick your most likely candidate and SAR them.

Once you have all the information, put your claim in. Hopefully you will have an easy process, then you can use the money from that one, to fund the next.

First step then, get the SAR template from the library, amend to sort your purpose and wing it off to your first target, recorded delivery and with £10 postal order.

Wait 40 days and see what turns up. Hopefully this will show PPI details.

Prepare FOS questionnaire, SOC spreadsheet and short covering letter, wing off to target.

Wait for cheque (hopefully)

Plot and Plan next claim and when ready execute.

REMEMBER, you will have LOTS of HELP from here.

Jedicris

REMEMBER! Hunger is the enemy - NOT the hungry!