Redundancy / reinstatement issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening all, my first post on here, hopefully someone can offer some advice.

My wife was recently made redundant, as the company she was contracted too went into administration, and at the time her employer had no other position for her although they were really reluctant to let her go.

She received all her redundancy pay and PILON.

All OK so far.

She signed on for JSA, presented the letter of redundancy to the job centre and JSA was awarded.

Still OK.

Six weeks after finishing, she received a call from her employer with the offer of a job as a position had become available.

This would include continuous service provided she reimbursed the company with the payout, and the balance of the PILON.

Now the problem...

She received her P45 from the job centre to give to her employer, this gives a date of leaving ( IE signing off JSA) and the company has to fill in a start date. What would the employer put as her start date?

If the company as they say allow her continuous service, it would appear that she has wrongfully claimed JSA. We really don't fancy HMRC on our backs.

If the service is not continued, then she would have lost 14 years service, and any future redundancy payout, if she has to reimburse.

Sorry for the essay, but it seems very complicated to me and thanks in advance for any assistance.