• Tweets

• should have done that a month ago.   dx  
    • Thank you for your response BankFodder.   First of all her employer is a care home and she is a Part Time Carer.  I do not know what the company is called but would prefer not to publish it here even if I knew.   Having read through the link you provided I would tend to agree with your opinion regarding the Estoppel standard of proof especially as she is getting 50% more than she should of been expecting.  Having said that she has had this from the very start and knowing her as I do it is possible she thought this was her monthly wages!    In her everyday life she goes from hand to mouth so there is no improvement in lifestyle unless you consider her absence from Foodbanks an improvement!   I think the solution is for her to repay at the low figure that seems to be in place but to disregard the contract requiring her to pay it back before or on leaving.  Should she give notice and work four weeks how can we stop them from witholding her last months wages?    
    • Hey,   so just received an email from CRS. Saying I have to prove I cancelled...yawn. Bearing in mind this is way over a month ago I sent them a letter! shall I just block them now? Not even respond?   this is regarding gymetc and I joined their gym online...   thanks!
    • What does it actually mean when some  one says" for clarity" you mean in your opinion really dont you?   HB Thanks, girl done well.   Acres of text to get through, are you sure I have not come across you before. Your addiction to point scoring is V familiar.   Anyway lets see if there is anything I have not cleared up already.   You say  "'ll just answer this for clarity (not for an argument). This applies to SDs made in a Magistrates' Court in order to set aside aconviction where the defendant was not aware of the proceedings."   So much for clarity. Below is what the section says information; and (b)within 21 days of that date the declaration is served on the [F1designated officer for the court], without prejudice to the validity of the information, the summons and all subsequent proceedings shall be void.   Notice "Shall be void. not set asidIf I am going to just be correcting basic reading i am not goiong tp conti   "When a person comes before a court to make such a Statutory Declaration the court must hear it if it is made within 21 days of the defendant learning of the conviction."   Noope The regulation says the court cannot interfere with the making of a SD,again completely different   Yes if it is, but unless the SD was made within 21 days of the action they are entitled to question it. As they do in the form you reproduced by asking how the defendant knew about the case.                         Said this alreay.   To answer your next paragraph, the court will not accept a lie, if there is one, they will have the option to increase the time however I doubt they would, or do you think they would just extend it? This is the test, of course.   Again you say SET ASSIDE, it isn't, the new case cannot be started if the old one is still pending of course.   Now having demonstrated your lack of knowledge. I shall move on. Your abstinence from posting is appreciated, either way, I will have you on ignore. Nothing personal I just dont think there is anything you can tell me.   One more thing the result does not compete with anything I have actually said, and everything I have said is correct, in relation to the legislation.                
  • Our picks

JeffersonMangum

Lowells who have just taken over my Barclaycard debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2556 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am about to hit Lowell with a CCA letter (taken from CAG library). Does this count as an acknowledgement of the debt? Will it reset the 6 year SB clock to the date of submission?

I am about to hit Lowell with a CCA letter (taken from CAG library). Does this count as an acknowledgement of the debt? Will it reset the 6 year SB clock to the date of submission?

No.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It won't provided you don't do anything silly by adding anything to the letter, e.g. "I refer to the debt which I owe you".

I'm sure you're not going to do anything like that!

Rob

What is the CCA request for?

Tell us the story.

What, how much, how old etc.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The CCA is for Lowells who have just taken over my Barclaycard debt. To be honest I owe a number of people and the first stage is to try and assess which debts are enforceable. I had been paying them all through a DMP with MyVesta/Synergence but that stopped in Feb 2012, without me realizing.

Have you been making these payments since Feb to synergie??

How old is the sharklaycard debt?

How much?

Did they send you a default notice, did lowlifes send you a notice of assignment, and sharklay card inform you they were passing it to these clowns to try and collect?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I have checked my correspondence and Lowell's did write to tell me that they were taking over the debt, but there was no letter from sharklay card.

The amount quoted by Lowell's differs from my credit file. Also, the account number quoted by them differs from my credit file. I'm very confused!! How can I check that the amounts they quote are accurate?

I sent a CCA request to Lowell's 3 weeks ago. They responded on 7/11/12 to say they have requested it, but since then I have heard nothing. What should I do next?

Sorry, in answer to your other questions, the debt was from 2006ish - (My Noddle credit file doesn't go back that far) and the amount is shown as over 4,000. I had been paying them via a DMP until earlier this year.

"Will it reset the 6 year SB clock to the date of submission?"

To be honest, if you have been paying them since Feb this year, its not going to make much difference is it?

If you were making payments via a DMP, you would have to establish if payments were passed to barclaycard before plaing the statute barred card.

Thanks for the letter BazookaBoo - how should I word the paragraph regarding 'now entered default' as the account was already in default? Thanks for your comment Griffin036 - fair point, but it's almost 10 months since my last payment, which is a fair chunk of time elapsed and I have other accounts where the question becomes even more apposite.

I was already to fire off the letter to Lowell's, but they sent me one saying that 'afraid not yet received CCA from original lender ... we will not contact you again until we receive it'!! I was fairly impressed. Is it now just a waiting game?

Hi. If i were you i would do nothing until the comply. Do not remind them just sit tight. If the either hassle you or sell the debt on just hit them with an account in dispute letter. When and if they do comply check to see if it is enforceable. That will only matter if it is pre April 2007. Hope that helps.

You can send them the letter I linked in post #9