Lowells who have just taken over my Barclaycard debt

JeffersonMangum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am about to hit Lowell with a CCA letter (taken from CAG library). Does this count as an acknowledgement of the debt? Will it reset the 6 year SB clock to the date of submission?

No.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I am about to hit Lowell with a CCA letter (taken from CAG library). Does this count as an acknowledgement of the debt? Will it reset the 6 year SB clock to the date of submission?

It won't provided you don't do anything silly by adding anything to the letter, e.g. "I refer to the debt which I owe you".

I'm sure you're not going to do anything like that!

Rob

The CCA is for Lowells who have just taken over my Barclaycard debt. To be honest I owe a number of people and the first stage is to try and assess which debts are enforceable. I had been paying them all through a DMP with MyVesta/Synergence but that stopped in Feb 2012, without me realizing.

Have you been making these payments since Feb to synergie??

How old is the sharklaycard debt?

How much?

Did they send you a default notice, did lowlifes send you a notice of assignment, and sharklay card inform you they were passing it to these clowns to try and collect?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 4 weeks later...

I have checked my correspondence and Lowell's did write to tell me that they were taking over the debt, but there was no letter from sharklay card.

The amount quoted by Lowell's differs from my credit file. Also, the account number quoted by them differs from my credit file. I'm very confused!! How can I check that the amounts they quote are accurate?

I sent a CCA request to Lowell's 3 weeks ago. They responded on 7/11/12 to say they have requested it, but since then I have heard nothing. What should I do next?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for the letter BazookaBoo - how should I word the paragraph regarding 'now entered default' as the account was already in default? Thanks for your comment Griffin036 - fair point, but it's almost 10 months since my last payment, which is a fair chunk of time elapsed and I have other accounts where the question becomes even more apposite.

Hi. If i were you i would do nothing until the comply. Do not remind them just sit tight. If the either hassle you or sell the debt on just hit them with an account in dispute letter. When and if they do comply check to see if it is enforceable. That will only matter if it is pre April 2007. Hope that helps.