• Tweets

• Well I’d like to see it, but I respect the decision not to publicly upload something that someone could prepare better by seeing it.  Good luck with the outcome. Perhaps it could be shared securely post judgement?
    • going by your figures    £5239.50 was added to the £21k loan making the amount we borrowed  £26239.50.   so the PPIPCM% was: ppi/loan+ ppi*100=%   5239.50/26239.50*100=19.97% so lets call that 20% so 20% of any payment made on its date was PPI.   now you'll have to fill out the statint sheet as if you haven't yet been refunded then add in the payment you got on its date as a minus figure on the sheet on its date to the sheet   that will tell you whats outstanding from the refund   thus what you owe today.   dx          
    • Next you need to send off for a breakdown of the charges the Bailiff applied.  . Here's an example,  use and ADAPT at will and best sent initially by email backed up by a copy in the post. . "From: My Name My Address . To: Acme Bailiff Co Bailiff House . Ref: Account No: 123456 . Dear Sir . With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.  . This includes: a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee. b - the reason for the fee. c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged. d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Certificated at. e - the date of the Certification. . This is NOT a Subject Access Request uest under the Data Protection Act S7 1998  You are obliged to provide this information. . I require this information within 14 days. . Yours faithfully . Ripped off customer" .
    • well no you did tell them you'd cancelled the fact that you omitted to pay one extra dd after that date is somewhat immaterial now.   your problem is you've done all this by email. you now need to stop using email and block and bounce them totally   using royal mail send harlands a letter offer them one months payment as you cancelled the dd without leaving 30 days for the next  payment to be taken. but refusing to pay any unlawful admin fees.   if they fail to accept that. you ignore everyone.   dx        
    • not your problem   use the custom google search on the top right    pcn claimform get reading up on what is to come if they proceed. and no you don't need to add to your defence.   dx
  • Our picks

• This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
    • 30 Day Right To Reject - Vehicle Casualty Report. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415585-30-day-right-to-reject-vehicle-casualty-report/
      • 57 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 216 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

In September 2008 I took out a credit card with Vanquis Bank.

It had a ridiculously high interest rate and I very seldom use the card because if this.

Earlier this year they reduced my interest rate and increased my balance.

I have recently used a third party company to 'reclaim' my credit card charges on a card I have held since July 2008.

Whilst they say their charges are not excessive they have given me the following choices:-

OPTION 1 - accept a £175 credit and continue to repay the balance at my current rate of interest. The card cannot be used and the account becomes closed once the final amount is paid off.

OPTION 2 - accept a £175 credit. Accept an annual fee of £25.00 with no further late payment charges.

The increase of my interest rate back to what is was when I first got the card.

Either way - I lose!!!!!

I know the refund is not a massive amount,

but surely I shouldn't suffer as a result of the claim.

I am trying to draft a letter to Vanquis, but I don't seem to be getting the words right without waffling on a bit.

can anyone help?

And doesnt it seem you cannot get help anywhere

CAB too understaffed to help

128 views and nobody has a single thread of help

tired mommy x

Sorry - probably me but I am finding this a bit confusing. Can I try to summarise? Please correct if I am wrong.

You have had a Vanquis card since July 2008.

It had a high interest rate.

You have used it and incurred charges.

You used a 3rd party to reclaim those charges.

In response to your reclaim, Vanquis have offered £175 against the charges.

But they have also stipulated that they will change the terms on the card in one of two ways - and given you the choice above.

Please confirm the above or reply and edit.

can i ask

is the £175 the full amount you are owed,

if so how have they or you worked out the amount on offer,

also as you are aware these charges that are applied to credit card charges over £12 can be challenged as being an unfair charge,

the other offer with interest etc really plays no part what so ever

Hi

I have an old Vanquish credit card with £1117 outstanding.

I have been offered numerous settlement figures by Vanquis (last one 2014) after they stopped the use of my card (cant remember the date).

When I sent a SAR they sent me what looked like an application form and I put the account in dispute.

They said it was a legally binding contract and not an application form.

As I advised them.

it wasn't a contract that had my signature at the bottom of a list of terms and conditions and sending me the current terms and conditions wasn't good enough.

Every so often I either get an offer of settlement or a threat of legal action.

The account is in dispute, so I never reply.

Started getting letters from Lowell (probably about 2015).

They were advised the debt was in dispute.

They sent me the same as what Vanquis had and I responded the same.

I get occasional letters from them 'reminding me of the debt' and how it will not go away.

Last week I received a ' Letter of Claim' from Lowell Solicitors.

They are ready to issue proceedings against me and I have 30 days to respond.

It was assigned to them on 30/09/2015.

It says it is being issued in accordance with the Practice Direction on Pre Action Conduct and Protocols contained in the civil procedure rules. Refers me to paragraph 13 to 16 of the pre action PD concerning the courts powers to impose sanctions for failing to comply with its provisions and ignoring the letter may lead to them commencing proceedings and may increase liability for costs.

It then has an information sheet giving me telephone numbers and website addresses for help I can go to.

There is also reply forms.

Section1 - Do you owe the debt.

Section 2 - How will you pay.

Section 3 - Do you intent to get, or are you already getting debt advice.

And a financial statement to complete.

It all looks seriously legit and I am wondering how to proceed.

If I ignore it could I possibly end up with a CCJ (really don't want one of them).

Should I just issue a simple letter advising them the account is in dispute and will remain so until I received a signed agreement. Even though they say the electronic application they sent me is legal and binding.

Or should I send them another SAR for all the information again?

I would be very grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction as to how to proceed.

Thanks in advance of any help offered.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Donate button Give something back to the Consumer Action Group   

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

moved to the provident forum.

follow post 6 of the above thread.

when did you take the card out?

when was YOUR last payment or use?

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

3. Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

found an old thread too and merged it with this one for history

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

I have got the £1 postal order to send off.

Am I right in thinking I have to print off the form here and not use the one that they sent me?

The SAR goes to Vanquish and the form goes to Lowell. IS that correct.

I did send an SAR to Vanquish a long time ago but unsure where the details have been put - could of been thrown away.

Does it matter that they have already had one?

Card was taken out around about 2008 I think.

Emails re settlement offer was around October 2014 so I would say the last payment would of been early 2014.

Lowell say debt passed to them September 2015.

Historical threads

The £175 refund was never actioned - it is included in the outstanding amount.

Got taken to court by Belmont Thornton for their fees in claiming it back.

Contested the summons.

Went through mediation with the court and ended up paying the fees as the court says they obtained the refund.

Just paid the fees and they stood the court fees.

They advised if I took it further it could end up costing me more if I lost.

Cost me £60 ish for nothing.

Not much faith in the legal system.

just follow and read post 6 of that other thread

its all carefully explained there

Now I am confused - Sorry.

I have clicked links which lead to a £1 postal order and yet another says £10.

One asks for a copy of the agreement and another asks for all the data.

Which am I asking for? The £1 for the singed agreement - sent at the same time as the reply form.

Sorry to be such a pain x

Well I have received a letter from Lowell confirming receipt of my letter.

States they regard that document as my response to the Pre-Action Protocol letter.

States the matter is in relation to a former vanquis account taken out 13th Sept 2008.

Confirms they have requested a copy of the agreements and statements from the original creditor.

When response is received they will contact me.

Account remains on hold until such time.

I can ring them if I want to.

Alarm bells are ringing for the wording 'regard that document as my response to the Pre-Action Protocol letter'.

Are they saying that is some sort of admission?

Do I have a right to be worried?

I am unable to find much paperwork for the previous SAR request.

I have a letter dated 20th January 2016 which says it 'encloses a copy of the executed agreement being the vanquis visa card terms and conditions'. Debt was sold to Lowell on 30th September 2015 - Amount due £1117.98.

Attached is a 'Digital Signature Application details'. Name. Address. Employment Details etc. Covers 2 pages.

I cant seem to locate the copy of statements, but I am sure I have had them.

There are then 4 pages under the heading 'Vanquis Credit Card Agreement And Full Terms'.

There follows 6 pages which start at a sub paragraph 23.4.

This is different print to the others.

The second column on the first page says it is 'A copy of my executed regulated consumer credit agreement for me to keep. Vanquis credit card.

redit card agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974'.

Would I still be best sending another SAR to Vanquis?

Thanks in advance again

so you followed and filled out the reply form on post 6 of the thread detailed in post 11?

dx

I sent them a printed copy off here, not the one they sent in the letter.

I ticked all the boxes advised.

I also wrote the list of additional things I required them to supply.

I sent the PAP form to the Solicitors and the £1 with the CCA Request to Lowell.

Obtained proof of postage for both.

Do I still need to SAR Vanquish again as I cant find all the info from the previous one?

no that's all good

well done

as for

Alarm bells are ringing for the wording 'regard that document as my response to the pre-action protocol letter'.

nope nowt to worry about at all.

just remember that what you do have yourself and its information you keep to yourself!

I have received yet another letter advising me that the documentation I have requested is now being processed and will be with me as soon as possible.

Will let you know when it arrives.

And this has raised its ugly head again.....

Just received a letter from Lowell Solicitors. Exactly the same vein as last time. They are acting on behalf on Vanquish to recover the debt. I have 30 days to respond. enclosed is a 'Background to your debt - before a claim is issued' sheet. Also enclosed is an information sheet about seeking debt advice. Finally a 'Reply Form' for me to complete. All the same boxes that I printed off from here, filled in and sent them back in March.

Do I do the same again?

Do I find their letter advising me it is in hand and they will come back to me?

Do I send a letter advising it is in dispute and I am still waiting for the information previously requested back in March?

I take it I don't just ignore it?

Brainless muppets

Is it titled letter of claim?...again

Title says ' Letter of Claim - 30 days to Prevent Legal Action'.

Letter is dated 15th September 2018

Says they are acting on behalf of Lowell Portfolio I Ltd.

Reply Form is the one with options A to I and I have to fill in and return the form. If I don't, it could result in court proceedings.

Exactly the same as I returned back in March.

wack of another copy of your old reply form and a new CCA request

dont inc a new £1 PO though

they already have one they've not used