Lowell Group - £2,500 +

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter from Advantis Group saying that they are acting for Lowell Group for an outstanding debt. They have said in the letter that if their client decides to take legal action and a CCJ is granted and I do not repay what I owe, they may then apply for an enforcement order, asking the Court to:

1. order my employer to deduct the value of the debt from my wages.

2.appoint a bailiff to visit my home to reover goods to the value of the debt.

3.place a Charging Order on my home or other property.

I am really worried about this as I have two young children. They are saying that one of their agents will be in touch to arrange a convenient time to come to my address. I am worried sick can they do this. Can you please help?

Firstly calm down, for any of the above to happen, they would have to secure a CCJ against you, you not pay the CCJ and hell to freeze over.

Do you know what the debt is for, who was the Original Creditor? Are there any charges on the account? Any PPI?

When was the last payment towards the debt.

Hi Face,

There are lots of more experienced people on this forum. But I can quickly tell you what I know. If you notice the wording is "if" "may" which means nothing. Do not worry about it. Do you actually owe the debt? If you don't you can send them a 'prove it" letter. They are chasing me for money I do not owe, I think it's because I do owe something else to one of their many 'clients' which I am paying off - very slowly!! They say it's up to me to prove fraud. It isn't, it's up to them to prove you owe this money. Hope that helps for now. If you search the forums will see lots of other post with the same subject and lots of advise.

Hi there many thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

The original creditor was with Littlewoods Catalogue - I think there may be some form of insurance on the account - I do remember being charged quite a bit of money on top of the monthly payments. The last payment was roughly around May/June 2009.

Thanks

Pay them a £1 pcm or whatever you can afford. Do not let them bully you into stupid monthly amounts. They did that to me and I agreed to an unrealistic amount.Which just stressed me out that I couldn't meet those amounts. Don't speak to them on the phone, they are bullies. They probably won't take any action and that's a long way off. If you have been making regular payments doesn't matter if £1 or £10 they wouldn't really have a basis for action anyway. Just TELL them what you are paying and pay monthly.

Thanks everyone for your help just clicked on the link. The debt is obviously outstanding - if I paid PPI would I be able to claim it back even though its not settled?

Yes and any charges on the account. You also charge compound interest at the rate they were charging you.

Send that letter and see what they come back with!

I will send letter off and I will let you all know how it goes - again thank you so much - I feel alot calmer now and put my mind at ease. Should I try and claim back any charges paid or go through one of the many companies advertising for PPI claims just now?

I will send letter off and I will let you all know how it goes - again thank you so much - I feel alot calmer now and put my mind at ease. Should I try and claim back any charges paid or go through one of the many companies advertising for PPI claims just now?

That can all be done from here!

Do you have all the statements for the life of the account?

Do you have a list of the PPI and unlawful charges added to the account?

If not, you may want to send the Original Creditor a SAR

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?552-Data-Protection

This will cost £10. When you receive a list of the charges, you can start a new thread in the PPI forums.