• Tweets

• Well If I pay British Gas £90 a month they’ll be paid off in about 17 months. That’s a long time but if it’s gunna effect my credit rating until November 2023 why bother paying it off early?    Ive worked out too the PDL default will be 6 years old on the 22/01/2020 so is there a point even doing anything with it? If it gets removed after 6 years does that mean I won’t have to pay it back?    Thanks  Andrew 
    • Minor developments:   a) Notification received that case has been referred to County Court at Chesterfield and we've to await the Judge's directions re allocation etc.    b) The letter I sent on 20th August to the agent (Lambert Smith Hampton) that manages the Berkeley Precinct and has its address on the board at the entrance, has been returned by the Royal Mail National Returns Centre, with a sticker saying the "addressee has gone away"!!   Don't they have an obligation to change the signage if they move, and why wouldn't such a large company have their mail re-directed?   The letter requested assistance in obtaining a copy of the contract between VCS and the landowner. I'm a bit mystified, but have found an additional address, so I could resend the letter and give it another try. 
    • urm.. FmoTl twaddle me thinks followed here
    • 123 Abc efg   22/09/2019 Dear Sir,   Re:  v xyz. Case No: 123456   CPR 31.14 Request   On (date) I received the Claim Form in this case issued by you out of the county court of Salford.      I confirm having returned my acknowledgement of service to the court in which I indicate my intention to contest and counter claim all of your claim.   Please treat this letter as my request made under CPR 31.14 for the disclosure and the production of a verified and legible copy of [each of the following / the] document(s) mentioned in your Particulars of Claim:     1: The agreement/overdraft Facility Confirmation and Terms and Conditions from that date. You will appreciate that in an ordinary case and by reason of the provisions of CPR PD 16 para 7.3, where a claim is based upon a written agreement, a copy of the contract or documents constituting the agreement the original(s) should be available at the hearing. Further, that any general conditions incorporated in the contract should also be attached.   Failure to prove the above will render any claim unenforceable pursuant to section127 and 61b(3) CCA1974   2: The Demand/Termination Notice (Notice served under Sections 76(1) and 98(1) of the CCA1974   3: Notices of Sums in Arrears under running account credit CCA2006 sec 86C   4. Notice of Assignment *   You should ensure compliance with your CPR 31 duties and ensure that the document(s) I have requested are disclosed at your earliest convenience.. Your CPR 31 duties extend to making a reasonable and proportionate search for the originals of the documents I have requested, the better for you to be able to verify the document's authenticity and to provide me with a legible copy. Further, where I have requested a copy of a document, the original of which is now in the possession of another person, you will have a right to possession of that document if you have mentioned it in your case. You must take immediate steps to recover and preserve it for the purpose of this case.   Where I have mentioned a document and there is in your possession more than one version of that same document owing to a modification, obliteration or other marking or feature, each version will be a separate document and you must provide a copy of each version of it to me. Your obligations extend to making a reasonable and proportionate search for any version(s) to include an obligation to recover and preserve such version(s) which are now in the possession of a third party.   In accordance with CPR 31.15© I undertake to be responsible for your reasonable copying costs incurred in complying with this CPR 31.14 request.   If you are unable to comply with this request and believe that you will never be able to comply with this request please confirm in your response.     Yours faithfully   Xyz. is this ok to send. and recorded delivery.
  • Our picks

face64

Lowell Group - £2,500 +

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2526 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I received a letter from Advantis Group saying that they are acting for Lowell Group for an outstanding debt. They have said in the letter that if their client decides to take legal action and a CCJ is granted and I do not repay what I owe, they may then apply for an enforcement order, asking the Court to:

1. order my employer to deduct the value of the debt from my wages.

2.appoint a bailiff to visit my home to reover goods to the value of the debt.

3.place a Charging Order on my home or other property.

I am really worried about this as I have two young children. They are saying that one of their agents will be in touch to arrange a convenient time to come to my address. I am worried sick can they do this. Can you please help?

Firstly calm down, for any of the above to happen, they would have to secure a CCJ against you, you not pay the CCJ and hell to freeze over.

Do you know what the debt is for, who was the Original Creditor? Are there any charges on the account? Any PPI?

When was the last payment towards the debt.

Hi Face,

There are lots of more experienced people on this forum. But I can quickly tell you what I know. If you notice the wording is "if" "may" which means nothing. Do not worry about it. Do you actually owe the debt? If you don't you can send them a 'prove it" letter. They are chasing me for money I do not owe, I think it's because I do owe something else to one of their many 'clients' which I am paying off - very slowly!! They say it's up to me to prove fraud. It isn't, it's up to them to prove you owe this money. Hope that helps for now. If you search the forums will see lots of other post with the same subject and lots of advise.

Hi there many thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

The original creditor was with Littlewoods Catalogue - I think there may be some form of insurance on the account - I do remember being charged quite a bit of money on top of the monthly payments. The last payment was roughly around May/June 2009.

Thanks

Pay them a £1 pcm or whatever you can afford. Do not let them bully you into stupid monthly amounts. They did that to me and I agreed to an unrealistic amount.Which just stressed me out that I couldn't meet those amounts. Don't speak to them on the phone, they are bullies. They probably won't take any action and that's a long way off. If you have been making regular payments doesn't matter if £1 or £10 they wouldn't really have a basis for action anyway. Just TELL them what you are paying and pay monthly.

I am not certain of the date roughly 2006/2007. What is the reference to the letter "N"?

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your help just clicked on the link. The debt is obviously outstanding - if I paid PPI would I be able to claim it back even though its not settled?

Thanks everyone for your help just clicked on the link. The debt is obviously outstanding - if I paid PPI would I be able to claim it back even though its not settled?

Yes and any charges on the account. You also charge compound interest at the rate they were charging you.

Send that letter and see what they come back with!

I will send letter off and I will let you all know how it goes - again thank you so much - I feel alot calmer now and put my mind at ease. Should I try and claim back any charges paid or go through one of the many companies advertising for PPI claims just now?

I will send letter off and I will let you all know how it goes - again thank you so much - I feel alot calmer now and put my mind at ease. Should I try and claim back any charges paid or go through one of the many companies advertising for PPI claims just now?

That can all be done from here!

Sorry for my ignorance, should I click on the PPI link at the top of this page? Or can you provide a link that I can use? Again, you have been so helpful and I appreciate your time and patience.

Do you have all the statements for the life of the account?

Do you have a list of the PPI and unlawful charges added to the account?

If not, you may want to send the Original Creditor a SAR

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?552-Data-Protection

This will cost £10. When you receive a list of the charges, you can start a new thread in the PPI forums.

Okay many thanks for your help enjoy the rest of your day.

Hi face, if you are in Scotland then Lowell dont have their facts right on the Law, we dont have CCJs or Bailiffs in Scotland.