British Gas Grants

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3500 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Currently living in Private Rented accommodation, initially when I moved in British Gas never sent me a bill. I kept chasing them and I think I recall some problem with my landlord not having told them he'd moved out and him finalising his final bill. Anyway quite some time later they did sort it all out and issued me with a bill of around a thousand pounds. There was no way I could find that sort of money so I agreed to have a pre-payment meter installed which has been deducting money each week for the debt.

A little while back British Gas rang me and wanted me to up the repayment amount from £5 to £10, I told them there was no way I could do so as I was struggling with the £5 repayment amount each week.

Now they've sent me a letter telling me to call a number and apply for a claim pack and I may possibly receive some sort of grant to pay back the arrears and get them cleared down by new year. Whilst this sounds wonderful, why would they do such a thing and just wondering if there's a catch somewhere?

Also, I switched to British Gas for my electricity about a year or so ago, I've just had a bill that states my pre-payment electric meter is on the standard tariff, yet when I just looked at my meter it appears that it is running on Economy 7 settings! I have nothing here that runs on Economy 7!

I'm guessing this meter has always run this way, the previous owner before my landlord installed the gas central heating and hot water system so not even my landlord ran anything with Economy 7.

Annoyed with myself that I didn't think to check sooner, been living here for at least five years!